Home Forums General Discussion Fish oil – cod liver oil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    orchid
    Participant

For those of you taking fish oil, which brand are you on and how much do you take per day? Looking for a good quality brand for the $$. Thanks

Davit
    Participant

I don”t know about fish oil I take a combination of 3 6 9. I notice you have little Arthritis So if you start AP you could get a total cure, don't wait till you have so much infection you can't. What ever oil you use make sure its fresh. Rancid will do more harm than good. It shouldn't taste fishy.

Davit

orchid
    Participant

Davit –

Thanks for your reply. I'll probably start AP soon – still working on my neck injury (not RA related) and getting my thyroid and adrenals where they need to be. Not sure yet if it's even RA and I cannot be on mino while I'm getting prolo on my neck. Hopefully only 3 more sessions (yay) – it's really helping me!

I'm not sure about the AP (total cure) though – even for those with early/mild RA. I didn't know there was a cure – even with AP. I thought once you start, you are on it for life. You might call it remission, but not a cure.

Thanks for your advice, though!

Davit
    Participant

Orchid

Sorry to ,disappoint you but people have got a cure. It depends on whether it really is Micoplasmic infection and not just allergies. All names aside I know of one adult for sure and there are numerous cases of juvenile RA. If I remember rightly it helps if you have had it for less than three years. Simple test. Take a large dose of Minocin three times a day and you will flare bad if you have it. This is where Doctors make the mistake and tell people they are allergic to tetrocyclins. Remember there are a lot of reasons for arthritis, if you are lucky you don't have this. I'm not a Doctor and I don't want to tell you what to do I just want every one to be informed so they don't make the mistakes I made.I wish you luck.By the way having Rheumatoid factor does not mean you have RA.

Davit

PhilC
    Participant

I buy the Spring Valley brand sold at Walmart. Don't get the kind that say “Enteric Coated” on the label, though. I didn't notice and bought two bottles of that type and won't buy them again. I don't think they break down properly because more than once I noticed that my stools had a fishy odor. I need to check the next time I am in Walmart to see if they still sell the regular kind. It's possible that they switched suppliers and that the enteric-coated type is the only kind they carry now. I hope not, because I will have to look for a new supplier for fish oil.

I don't take cod liver oil. I tried it years ago and it made me worse.

Did you know that low-dose naltrexone (LDN) is supposed to be helpful in cases of Hashimoto's thyroiditis?

See:
    http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/
    http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6277
    http://ldn.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=forum&action=display&thread=671

That second link looks like a good one. If you search those forums you'll find many message threads in which LDN is being discussed.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

orchid
    Participant

Phil – thanks! I will look into the LDN. I didn't realize it could help hashimotos…so know I'm interested. I'll do some more research into it now, thanks!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Davit – nobody, including Dr Brown, has used the word “cure” about AP. Remission is what most people state/aim for. And what a fine thing to aim for. Most people stay on a maintenance dose of abx once symptoms abate – as a form of insurance. And are happy to do so with a relatively benign drug compared to the alternatives on offer. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Davit
    Participant

Lynnie.

My mistake But if some one goes from 200 mg pulse to nothing, from not being able to walk to lecturing, and I mean not even an asperin, isn't that a cure.

May be it came back I haven't talked to her in ten years.

Talk to Carol Jepson. And yes I know about not using peoples names.
    What about children with juvenile arthritis taking Tetrocyclin for pimples, are you going to call this spontanious remission when there RA goes away. Like I said this is only My impression. Please don't discourage people they will run to MTX for the quick cure that isn't a cure. Minocin works if caught early even my doctor admits that. I am on maintanance like I said, It's to late for me but not others.

Davit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Fish oil – cod liver oil’ is closed to new replies.