Home Forums General Discussion First Timer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    OutdoorDiva
    Participant

hello fellow APers!

I am new here but I have been following this website on and off for years.  Recently, I finally made the decision to seek out AP treatment after 4 years of battle with RA.  I am off to Calirfornia next week (I live in Colorada) to see a doctor referred to me by one of the wonderful representatives of this foundation.  needless to say, I am very excited and very scared.   I have not done well with conventional medicine and recently have been dependent on prednisone.  I am young and was very active in all outdoor activities until RA nearly crippled me.  I am tired of living this life in pain and taking medicine that does NOTHING.  I do however,  see the light at the end of the tunnel (albeit, a long tunnel) and I know that I WILL BEAT THIS!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that you will be seeing a lot more of me in the future!

One last parting comment from me – I want to share with you all about how friends are so important to have around to  help you fight this ugly battle.  You see, I was not really financially able to pay for this trip to Cali but I knew that i had to make it work somehow.  just a few weeks ago a friend of mine who just lost her grandmother (who suffered SEVERE RA for 30 years) offered to help pay for my trip in remembrance of her grandmother.  I am so blessed with friends like these and a very supportive boyfriend who doesn't care a bout my gnarled hands and swollen knees!

Here's to the warrior within!

tbird2340
    Participant

Welcome! Wow, that's awesome you have friends like that! You are blessed!

I am also sick of living daily in pain! 😀 I just said that to myself again yesterday. I am young too (30) and recently dx'd.. I'm off to an AP doc in a few weeks.

This site is great and it's comforting to coming here to read about people with similar issues going through the same things.

OutdoorDiva
    Participant

thank you for the welcome!  I turn 30 in a few weeks and to know that there are young people out there that share this battle with me is comforting.  This disease makes me feel so old!

I wish you the best of luck at your appointment and am looking forward to sharing our success stories!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi OutDoorDiva,

Thank you for the introduction and just wanted to add my welcome to TBird's and no doubt others who will see your post!

It's good to hear you're starting out on a solid footing with one of the best AP docs. You'll be on your road back in no time! Just so sorry to hear how young you are and having to deal with this. At the age when it hit me…46…that was bad enough, just when my kids were old enough for me to start doing my own thing again.

You must be a special person to have surrounded yourself with such loving, caring folk!  Welcome!

Peace, Maz

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi and welcome OutdoorDiva,

My heart goes out to all you young ones that are starting out and having to live with this disease.  I was one of the lucky ones, I was in remission for 25 years so I had time to enjoy my kids and life.

Its great to have so much support behind you………..good luck with your trip to California next week, and our positive vibes goes with you…………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

OutDoorDiva,

Welcome to roadback.  I too was an outdoors woman and it was all nearly taken from me two years ago by R.A.

I'm here to tell you that you can get your life back.  Today, I am doing all I ever did.

AP is part of my healing picture.  I hope your doctor will take a whole body approach in your healing.  When we get this sick, it is seldom just one thing or just one treatment.

Best of luck to you!

Susan

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi everyone

does this mean that we will only get better if we go to one of these special AP docs? I live in England (UK) and I have taken doxy 100 mg M-W-F for 13 months and still no different. I also take Prednisolone now to hep wilth the pain and inflammation. I think it's great when anyone goes to these special clinics.

I wish I could find someone to administer the clindamycine IV's to really give me the boost that I must need.

Rosemary

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

My heart goes out to all you young ones that are starting out and having to live with this disease.  I was one of the lucky ones, I was in remission for 25 years so I had time to enjoy my kids and life.

Its great to have so much support behind you………..good luck with your trip to California next week, and our positive vibes goes with you…………..Annie

You were in RA remission for 25 years!? Please explain. Thanks!

A Friend
    Participant

Dear Outdoor Diva,

You sound like an “AP Winner” to me.  Your post and story are very touching. 

I also saw “light at the end of the tunnel” when I read and understood what Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown had written in the book “The New Arthritis Breakthrough” (which inludes all of his book, “The Road Back”) back in the fall of 1996.  I'd already, a few years before, been on traditional dosage of 10 days of abx and then stop (15 times) with each illness onset — which without knowing about probiotcs, just made me come to the brink of no longer being around. 

So, when I read Dr. Brown's words, by then I fully understood what he had written.  That day was the beginning of getting my life back — I had real hope that this could be turned around — and it was in 1997.  This didn't solve all of the “underlying problems” (which were not within the scope of the book), but certainly returned me to being able to function really well, and think and find “the rest of the answers.”

God bless you every day, and please tell your friend that her wonderful memorial, in her grandmother's honor, will be a gift that keeps on giving, and a wonderful influence on many who read this.  My husband and I were prepared to “mortgage the farm” if need be, after we had read and learned about Dr. Brown's work, to travel to Iowa in order to receive our first AP (10 IVs in 5 days, and then begin Minocin on MWF twice daily). 

Looking forward to following your story!!!

AF

OutdoorDiva
    Participant

AF,

You're kind words bring tears to my eyes!  I look forward to sharing my story with you and the rest of the APers!

God Bless,

OD

OutdoorDiva
    Participant

Thank you Maz!

I am overwhelmed already with all of the support from people that don't even know me!  I know one day that I will be able to give back to people in need just like you have given yourself to every person on this site!  You are all angels!

God Bless,

OD

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=901]OutdoorDiva[/user] wrote:

I am overwhelmed already with all of the support from people that don't even know me!  I know one day that I will be able to give back to people in need just like you have given yourself to every person on this site! 

OD, there really are some great people on this BB…so much compassion and support and a lot of wisdom to share. You're welcome any time to post whatever support questions you need.

Have a great visit to your new CA AP doc and please come back and let us know how it goes!

Peace, Maz  

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=851]tbird2340[/user] wrote:

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

You were in RA remission for 25 years!? Please explain. Thanks!

Hi tbird…………Not a very exciting story to tell, but after having my second baby, I still remember it clearly, I was lying on the lounge holding my head with one hand, but when I tried to move the pain was like no other I had felt before. It came and went without warning and only in the same arm. After months of doctors and tests I was finally dx with RA, which I might add that nobody in my family really believed!.

After falling pregnant with my third baby soon after, the pain went, but was never quite forgotten until it reared its ugly head till 25 years later.

I do think myself lucky to have had 25 RA free years,  knowing now what the disease can do to someones life……………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Parisa
    Participant

Rosey,

I think if  you don't go to a doctor that does AP you need to be prepared to do some research.  Some people seem to be able to follow the basic protocol and do well straight from the get go, others take a while and eventually start turning things around and others have to tweak things.  If things aren't working at this point maybe it's time to find a doctor who can help you or get prepared to start doing lots of research to find out what's missing in your treatment.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi from Australia,

So sorry you have RA, but really glad you found this website – and that you have found a Dr who can help is wonderful.

I still can't get over the amount of information and support I have received from everyone here.  Any and all questions I have asked are usually answered by a variety of people even though at times I was hesitant to ask because they sounded so naieve & stupid. 

Will look forward to your updates on any suggested treatment paths you may embark on and more importantly how you feel in the near future. 

Maz-Aust
    😀 

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ First Timer’ is closed to new replies.