Home Forums General Discussion find local doctor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lauri
    Participant

I need to find a good doctor to help me start the antibiotic therapy..I've had RA for about 5 yrs, it has advanced and I'm anxious to start the therapy..I asked my doctor for two yrs to try it, gave him all the info, and he still wouldn't do it..I've been to 4 doctors over the years,  with one telling me come back 6 months, another saying it isn't RA another testing me and saying it is,  well, I wish I had started treatment then,,but here I am, and  determined to get on the antibiotic therapy..I read Dr Mirkins reports 5 yrs ago and thought it made sense..unfortunately, I  could not find a doctor to do it..I was married 18nyrs, divorced 6, so after moving, kids in college,  it's time I get serious,  after all health is wealth…In the meantime it is getting worse..I  know the antibiotics will help me, as it wa an infection that started in my nails 5 yrs ago, and developed bone spurs in left fingers..now both hands,  every finger and joint is completely affected,,wrist and lef tfoot.. the warm weather helps, and I exercise constantly,  eat pretty healthy, I used to teach tennis and hope to again, now I teach yoga..I've read that it can stay dormant and then just take off..so, I really need to start asap… I am looking for a doctor in the Boynton Beach Florida area, I don't mind driving if needed..any advice would be sincerely appreciated..thank you.  good health and joy to everyone…Lauri B  Laurib333@yahoo.com 

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2061]Lauri[/user] wrote:

I am looking for a doctor in the Boynton Beach Florida area, I don't mind driving if needed..any advice would be sincerely appreciated..thank you.  good health and joy to everyone…Lauri B  Laurib333@yahoo.com 

Hi Lauri,

In addition to Dr M's report, would recommend reading, The New Arthritis Breakthrough, watching the Dr Brown documentaryand also reading the info on the main site under the Educationtab. All good resources and should help to provide a good understanding of not only the rationale for antibiotic therapy for rheumatic diseases, but also why it's important to titrate doses to individual patient needs, etc. RAers tend to be quite hypersensitive, which is why Brown would start his patients on a low, pulsed, intermittant dose and slowly work up to tolerance.

Will send you the Florida AP doc list to the email you posted above. There are two docs in Florida that seem to get the thumbs up from patients here on the forum and hope one of them is near to you. 🙂

Please come back and let us know how you get on!

Peace, Maz

mtgas
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Would you mind to send the list to me too?

Thank you!

Michelle

Kim
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I'll be happy to send you the Florida list.

Take care…..kim

Hoping
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

There are two docs in Florida that seem to get the thumbs up from patients here on the forum and hope one of them is near to you.

Maz,

Could you PM me the 2 Florida docs that people like? Thanks.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1182]Hoping[/user] wrote:

Could you PM me the 2 Florida docs that people like? Thanks.

Hi Hoping,

Will send you a PM with these two docs. 🙂 

Peace, Maz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ find local doctor’ is closed to new replies.