Home Forums General Discussion Finally, Igenex results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Mueller
    Participant

I haven't had a chance to talk to Dr. H yet, but here's what it says:

**23 -25
    **39  IND
    **41 +
    ** 83-93

Borrellia for sure. 

Comments?  Wisdom?  Insights?

Kim
    Participant

Margaret,

You should have two sets of results – IgG and IgM.

The ** to the left of the Band number are only indicative of it being an important Lyme-specific band.  It's the number of +'s to the right that are your actual result, therefore you are showing a reaction to Band 39 and 41.  39 being more of a biggie than 41.  Do you have more results?

kim

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Hi Kim,

Yes, I do! I have a IGM results for 39 IND  & 41 +, and I IGG results for 39 and 41++.

Kim
    Participant

Was Band 39 on the IgG also Ind?

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Yes.

Kim
    Participant

Margaret,

This is taken from Dr. C.'s explanation of the Western Blot from lymenet.org

“39: Unknown what this antigen is, but based on research at the National Institute of Health (NIH), other Borrelia (such as Borrelia recurrentis that causes relapsing fever), do not even have the genetics to code for the 39 kDa antigen, much less produce it. It is the most specific antibody for borreliosis of all.

41: Flagella or tail. This is how Borrelia burgdorferi moves around, by moving the flagella. Many bacteria have flagella. This is the most common borreliosis antibody.

In my clinical experience, if a patient has symptoms suspicious for borreliosis, and has one or more of the following bands, there is a very high probability the patient has borreliosis.

These bands are 18, 22, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 37, 39, 41, 83, and 93.

You should read the whole explanation because there is a lot of insight into the testing.

kim

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Thanks, I will to to lyme.net.

I also talked to Maz, who says my test is like hers. 

I didn't get the Babesia test, but since I'm seeing Dr. H on the 18th, I think we can talk about my symptoms then.

A new day, a new chance at getting it all out of my system!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Finally, Igenex results’ is closed to new replies.