Home Forums General Discussion FINALLY got my inflammation under control

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

I went through 3 people who do lmyph massage .Let me back up and start from the beginning.My feet and knees have been inflamed over a month and a half.I live in a place where services are very hard to find.I turned over rocks to find lymph massage.The first person was a 71 yr old lady who was at the massage place to collect a paycheck she wasnt into working very hard.She also cupped something in the groin area(I was felt up)$45.00 and no relief.2nd was a man learning lymph $25.00 no relief.3rd was a woman opening a yoga/massage center here in town she moved a little of fluid I had to go back a 2nd time total $80.00 and it worked SKINNY ANKLES ARE GOOD !! persistence pays off so I spent $150.00 in a week and a half for massage .It has been my experience you have to get rid of the fluid then start looking at ways to keep it down.I did some searching on the ways serrapeptase is an option but I think I am going to go with the neprinol Kim is wise and been around awhile here and i am a bit industrial strength when it comes to getting something to work for me.I believe the Neprinol is just right for me so I am going to go with that after a chat with my naturopath tues or I tell him what i want to try.He is agreeable to anything as long as i have done the research for him.For you others suffering right now my inflammation was really bad that the skin was blistered and dry and hard so go get a good lymph massage if you can find someone qualified in this.I hope you guys get some relief soon.I feel for ya !

thank you Kim and Maz for sharing your experience in this matter

chris

mschmidt
    Participant

Chris,

I'm so happy to hear that you got your inflammation under control!! I know how miserable it can be to be holding water retention anywhere.  I used lymphatic drainage massage 9 months before my diagnosis of Scleroderma because I couldn't take the swelling in my arms/hands, ankles/feet, knees, etc.  Believe it or not, it was the only thing that gave me any relief, and I did it weekly for about 6 months.  I am a firm believer that detoxification (or rather, lack there of, or impairment of detox pathways) is a contributing factor in chronic illness.  The only time I really felt like my lymphatics weren't congested is when I was doing yoga 3-4 days/week, and more recently, when doing deep breathing exercises. 

You seriously were violated getting a lymph massage, by a 71 year old practitioner?  That is just WRONG!!:shock:

I hope you will continue to feel better

Maria

Merla
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that Chris. I'm still going through some symptoms from quitting the prednisone and I think the lymph massages will benefit me – I know they sure have helped me in the past.

Merla

linda
    Participant

Wow, that was a pretty bold 71 y/o *lady*.  If the tables were turned and that was a 71 y/o man who did that to a woman, he'd be in big trouble. I don't care whether the person is young or old, male or female, that behavior is inappropriate and needs to be reported. I'm sorry that happened to you. At least you finally found a reliable therapist. I'm wondering if I shouldn't try again to find an acupuncturist, the one I was seeing moved to AR.:( I'm still feeling the side effects from the 10 days of Avelox, but I'm very proud of myself for sticking to my 6 mg pred and not increasing it during this set back.

Keep us posted on how it goes with the neprinol, I hope it helps.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Congratulations on staying the course, Chris – especially after that bad experience. And so glad that you struck gold and found some relief:D. It's sooo true that, in terms of practitioners (in anything), it does take work to find a good one. So pleased that your persistence paid off. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Hey linda funny you should mention increasing pred .My partner was trying to get me to go back up on it temporarily he thinks i might feel better But at what cost?I am now down to a sliver 1.25 mg and its taken me 14 months to get there from 10 mg a day .I am having chills and joint pain but I refuse to go up on that pred no way .like i said i just got the inflammation down after weeks.As far as being felt up I was just shocked not really offended I have had worse things happen to me over the course of 50 yrs of life.At 71 god bless her for having an interest she is lucky she did it too a gay man and not a str8 one who would have made a stink about it and she would lose her license and her job.I think the enzyme is going to make a difference.I will let everyone know as soon as start and see what happens .I am pretty sure the Ap is working or I would be having inflammation back up.My body just cant the die off that the ap produces I guess.I eat well so I am pretty sure it is not bad diet.I need to get back to physical therapy real soon .I am also going to start Yoga with my new massage person.she teaches yoga she is really nice I like her.Very upbeat person !

chris

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Hey lynnie ,I may be hardheaded as someone in here called me once but I NEVER EVER give up.I put up with the flaring but the inflammation is the worse thing to deal with and probably the hardest.I will probably need a massage once a week for awhile.But at least i can walk better now and I can get my shoes on no socks yet i havent been able to wear them in months I have gotten used to that.Funny how you can adjust to anything rather quickly when you dont feel well.LOL

chris

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

but I NEVER EVER give up

Chris, I kinda get that! And I think that will serve you well. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

linda
    Participant

Stick to your guns on the pred. I've probably asked you this before, but have you tried acupuncture? Just a thought, but it's best not to start too many things at once since it's difficult to know what is helping.

Sir Rifes alot
    Participant

Linda,I get 2 hrs of acupuncture every week on mondays .I have been doing acupuncture for yrs now.now that the inflammation is gone I can get her to work on pain management solely.I swear by acupuncture it does work.

chris

linda
    Participant

I swear right along with you. I've tried diy, but the needles fall out as I move my arms to put other needles in. I do think I need to get back into this, tho.

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1701]Sir Rifes alot[/user] wrote:

It has been my experience you have to get rid of the fluid then start looking at ways to keep it down.I did some searching on the ways serrapeptase is an option but I think I am going to go with the neprinol Kim is wise and been around awhile here and i am a bit industrial strength when it comes to getting something to work for me.I believe the Neprinol is just right for me so I am going to go with that after a chat with my naturopath tues or I tell him what i want to try.

Neprinol would be a good choice if they hadn't changed the formulation. You can read more about it here:

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=3397&forum_id=1

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Kim
    Participant

I think when my bottle of Neprinol runs out I will re-order with the Serracor-NK and see if I can tell a difference.  So far, I can't tell any difference on the newer formulation of Neprinol, but maybe it's because I'm better. 😉

Thanks for the info, Phil.

Take care….kim

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ FINALLY got my inflammation under control’ is closed to new replies.