Home Forums General Discussion Finally an update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tiff
    Participant

Hello all!

I posted an update on the personal threads.  This week I had blood tests done and they were not what I expected!  You can read that over there, but I just wanted to give a heads up here.  Hard to know what to make of it, but definitely things are being shaken up!

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=765&forum_id=3

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Tiff,

Fantastic news! :roll-laugh:  Thanks for sharing so much on your Progress Threads. Others here have reported their anti-CCP coming down on AP over time, so why not the MP, too? This is great to hear, especially as all your other blood markers are within range. The slightly elevated RF should also come down with time and may just be herx-related. My RF worsened significantly in the first few months of antibiotic therapy and then came down in a consistant manner (from mid-500s to 31 now!).

So pleased you're responding so well!

Peace, Maz

Tiff
    Participant

Thanks, Maz!  I have been waiting to have a little time to have some details to report.  I still have enough symptoms that I thought both these tests would show up a lot worse, so this was a great encouragement.  One of the great things is that my local doctor seems even more interested in AP/MP.  She is so good at her job (she is actually an oncologist/hemotologist, but has a background in rheumatology and is very interested in it).  It would be great for her to get on board in general!

I knew your RF was coming down, but wow, 31, that is awesome! 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Tiff. Your road is indeed an unusual one. My bloodwork also went up before it started coming down in the first few months of AP. RF went from 511 to 692 and my ANA suddenly positive (cant remember exact number). RF then dropped suddenly to 390 within 6 months. Lowest it's been is 292 since then (but inflammatory markers all normal). I get some bloodwork results next week – first since on my new regime, so will report then. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Pip
    Participant

Hi Tiff!

WooHoo!

Pip

Michele
    Participant

Hi Tiff!

Hurray for you!!!

Me, the whimpy “I can't get past 3 mg of mino” girl, is now taking 25 mg!!! And rarely pain killers!! I want to go in and kick out those little buggers anyway I can! So far so good!

Thanks for posting!

Michele

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=50]Michele[/user] wrote:

Me, the whimpy “I can't get past 3 mg of mino” girl, is now taking 25 mg!!! And rarely pain killers!! I want to go in and kick out those little buggers anyway I can! So far so good!

Hooray for you, too, Michelle!!!!!!!:roll-laugh: You're no wimp with the amount of pain you have had to endure. So happy to hear you're now able to ramp up your dose and all that hypersensitivity is a thing of the past. So great to hear!

Peace, Maz

Tiff
    Participant

Wow, Michele!  That is really good news.  I was wondering how you were doing.  Maz is right, you are a far cry from “whimpy.”  I don't think anyone on this board qualifies for that term! 🙂

Lynnie, l'm looking forward to your update! 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Finally an update’ is closed to new replies.