Home Forums General Discussion Fell twice in 5 days

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    Participant

Last week, while sightseeing on vacation, I took a couple of diggers and am now wondering why. The first time, I was looking for something in my wallet and didn't see a step. I landed on my hands and knees and was o.k. except for a scraped knee. The second time, I was looking up while walking and tripped on an uneven sidewalk. That time, I broke my wrist. I've always been coordinated and graceful (years of ballet) so I've been wondering what this could mean. I saw an article about peripheral neuropathy at the clinic and do have some symptoms. Apparently losing some nerve sensation in the feet cause falls. Does anyone have this? Thoughts?

Sierra

JBJBJB
    Participant

Sierra,

I am so sorry to hear your story. You must have been really scared and worried. I don't have the answers for you but I had a different type of symptoms in the early time. Like when I walked, all of the sudden, I could feel my knee joints “locked up”, or “frozen”. I could hardly move. Same thing with my shoulder joints and elbows. There were several times I almost fell.

The other time was due to muscle weakness. I remembered I was getting out of the building, all of the sudden, my right leg muscle wanted to give up.

I did not take minocycline at that time. These symptoms are still here from time to time even after I am on AP. 

My friend, she has JRA since she was a little girl, now 47, falls easily. She called it “free fall”, because it has no warning. All of sudden her legs just did not seem to connect to her body. One day she fell right infront a door, her face was all messed up. She is not on AP.

Perhaps you are experiencing brain/vision/mid ears herxing which affect your balance? I sure hope you won't fall again.

Be well,

JB 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Fell twice in 5 days’ is closed to new replies.