Home Forums General Discussion FDA finally admits Mercury Amalgams are not safe

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Thanks Diane.  I have found little to support prolotherapy for RA.  Except one poster here did it for her shoulders and it was a success for her.

My doctor is a rhuematologist who believes in infectious causes to RA.  I do need antibiotics but at much greater strength than 100mg MWF.  I was taken off minocin when I developed lupus like symptoms.

She does not believe prolotherapy will put RA in remission.  Other way around.  Put RA in remission then use prolotherapy to help repair and rebuild the damage.  I myself had been looking at a couple of surgical techniques that are an alternative to fusion.  One replaces the cartilage with a gel which hardens in 30 seconds.  New cartilage can then grow around this gel.  The second takes my own stemcells and injects them into the damaged joint causing new cartilage to grow. 

In all instances, RA does not have the good prognosis OA has because of the destructive nature of the RA.  Everything depends on putting the RA into remission.

Meanwhile, my left wrist which has lost all the cartilage is getting better and better.  Still can't use it as strongly as I once could.  I would happily go ahead and fuse it since all I really care about is having the strength necessary to ride and handle horses.  But the surgeon mentioned putting a steel plate in the hand.  Whoa Nelly!  I'm doing everything in my power to eliminate heavy metal toxicity now.  I don't want any metal anything put in me.

You are so right about molds, mildews and manure piles.  I have been living and dealing with the allergic reaction for years before RA.  I'm a horserider.  It is so much entwined in my life that the thought of being without them is unbearable.  Truly.  No way to explain that if you don't share the passion. 

I am hesitant to spend the money on the prolotherapy without good evidence it will work. 

Susan 

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ FDA finally admits Mercury Amalgams are not safe’ is closed to new replies.