Home Forums General Discussion Fatigue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JOJO19551
    Participant

I have diffuse scleroderma with no organ involvement at this point.  I am always tired!  After I shower, I have to rest before I can keep going.  Any advise?  I am working fulltime and want to continue to do so.  Thanks for your help, JoAnn

DAR
    Participant

HI JOJO,

I was also very very tired all the time and it seems that the doxy that I have been taking for the last 6 months is kicking in as I am not as tired any more, before I would have to come home from work and sleep for a while just to get enough energy to make supper etc. I am no where near to what I was before the scleroderma but I am making a good come back, I have lost a lot of my strength and have a very hard time adjusting to that,  but hope with time that will also come back, so don't give up it will get better, when you feel really down, just go on road bad bullentin board and read some of the testimonies and it will give you hope, I  to do it all the time.

DAR:)

JOJO19551
    Participant

Thank DAR, Good luck!  JoAnn

Randy
    Participant

Jo Jo,

My fatigue was debilitating, period! Fortunately it went away after being on AP for 4 1/2 months. Now, this improvement in fatigue could aslo have been attributed to taking Lyrica (to subdue the burning skin sensations) at bedtime.  This enabled me to get significantly better night sleeps.

Hang in there!

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

linda
    Participant

Lyrica has always worked well for me also with the burning pain. For some reason it also helps with mood altho it is not an anti-depressant. I've never had any side effects associated with it, but some on this bboard have.

Fatigue goes along with these illnesses, unfortunately. Sometimes it is more debilitating than the pain. While you're waiting for the abx to kick in you could try some natural remedies for energy, but none of them will be 100% effective.
    Sublingual B6 and SAM-e are the 2 that I use. SAM-e also helps with mood. I've tried most of the supplements out there that claim to help with energy but with the exception of those 2, I have found them lacking. Things like Co-enzyme Q10 seem like logical choices because they are necessary for our bodies to convert sugar to energy at the basic cellular level, but the supplements aren't in the same form as the CO Q10 made in our bodies, so it's not very effective. There's always caffeine, but the crash that accompanies it is a pain. When I have a lot to do in a day I will break down and take one of those little 5-hour energy bottles.

There is a strange phenomenom that occurs in some people with fibromyalgia. It seems that lack of sleep makes the pain worse, but if someone has been sleeping fairly well and then has a night where they don't get much sleep, for some reason they have a bunch of energy the next day. It's bizarre, but it has happened to me enough times that I believe the articles I have read about this strange effect. I'm not recommending not sleeping, tho! Just an odd little piece of information. Hang in there,

linda

JOJO19551
    Participant

Randy, I am hoping in two months (when I am at 4 1/2 months) I will have some relief of the fatigue.  Thank you so much, Jo

JOJO19551
    Participant

Linda, I am fortunate that I never have lack of sleep.  I am going to look into the natural supplements.  Thanks, Jo

Goodwife
    Participant

JOJO,

I will second what Randy said – the fatigue was the first thing to improve with my hubby – probably around the 4.5 month or 5 mon. mark of AP.  Good Luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Fatigue’ is closed to new replies.