Home Forums General Discussion Excellent warnings on possible side effects of antibiotics by CCN

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

This is written by a CCN relating to Anthrax, but he generally refers to the importance of their correct usage for saving lives and how we should learn about their correct usage. AF

http://www.health-truth.com/31.php

The Side effects of “Ciprofloxacin”, “Doxycycline”, and other Anthrax treatments.spacer.gif
    By Michael Biamonte C.C.N.

[The excerpt below, which has been made bold and with some words underlined, is near the beginning of the above article.  I find this article excellent to warn us of the hazards that CAN develop when we are on antibiotics — hazards that we know too little about; and, unfortunately, hazards that the majority of medical doctors do not seem to understand and warn their patients about.  I believe we need to save the article … perhaps print it … for later reference as a reminder.  Also, note the long list of symptoms that can result.  Also, note  what  CCN Biamonte has written about Doxycycline predisposing to Magnesium deficiency. AF]

The excerpt begins:
    “The purpose of this article is to remind and educate all of us to the possible side effects and consequences of antibiotics. Not so that they will not be used when they can save lives, but so when they are used the side effects are known, can be correctly and exactly identified so as to correct any imbalance they may cause.”

Jan Lucinda
    Participant

What is a C.C.N.? 

A Friend
    Participant

[user=677]Jan Lucinda[/user] wrote:

What is a C.C.N.? 

Hi Jan,

It stands for Certified Clinical Nutritionist.  Here are the credentials, etc. of the writer of the articles on the web site: 

[Below is copied/pasted from the web site.  Suggest that the site has many interesting articles on subjects I've not read anywhere before.  May spend some time there for a while. AF]

http://www.health-truth.com/31.php

Michael Biamonte holds a Doctorate of Nutripathy, and is a New York State certified Clinical Nutritionist. He is a professional member of the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists,The American College of Nutrition and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board. He is listed in “The Directory of Distinguished Americans” for his research in Nutrition and Physiology.

Michael Biamonte, C.C.N.
    New York, NY 10038

richie
    Participant

HI AF —

Figures –one of those New Yawk strange ones —:P–just a joke –how are you !!! Things real good here !!

richie

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Ritchie,

I'm good, thank you… (or at least, thankfully, improving steadily).  You sound good, too. 

Am glad to see someone like him nearby to take care of you when you need him!!!

;),

AF

klogan
    Participant

Didn't like parts of this article. I do think yeast overgrowth is a problem, but this information is a little vague, a little alarmist, and a little product-salesmanship:

1. Health-Truth – that's a little cocky, makes me suspicious[/*:cihk1cef]
    2. The list of symptoms of yeast overgrowth is 75 items long and vague. It looks to me as if life is just a side effect of yeast overgrowth.[/*:cihk1cef]
    3. It gives no idea of how to control candida besides the ungrammatical warning “DO NOT KILL CANDIDA THEY MAKES IT WORSE!!” So, what do I do? All they recommend is to buy their product/system.[/*:cihk1cef]

I dislike this kind of thing, because we chronic illness sufferers are always looking for a cure, and I hate that I want to fall for this kind of thing every single time. Sigh. I'm sticking with the long slow eat-well, AP, excercise, etc method.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=87]klogan[/user] wrote:

Didn't like parts of this article. I do think yeast overgrowth is a problem, but this information is a little vague, a little alarmist, and a little product-salesmanship:

1. Health-Truth – that's a little cocky, makes me suspicious [/*:2dev1c8c]
    2. The list of symptoms of yeast overgrowth is 75 items long and vague. It looks to me as if life is just a side effect of yeast overgrowth. [/*:2dev1c8c]
    3. It gives no idea of how to control candida besides the ungrammatical warning “DO NOT KILL CANDIDA THEY MAKES IT WORSE!!” So, what do I do? All they recommend is to buy their product/system.[/*:2dev1c8c]

I dislike this kind of thing, because we chronic illness sufferers are always looking for a cure, and I hate that I want to fall for this kind of thing every single time. Sigh. I'm sticking with the long slow eat-well, AP, excercise, etc method.

Klogan,

We all have our biases, ideas, reactions, etc.   I respect that, because I certainly have mine. This paper caught my attention — and I appreciated it — because of my own long experience where I wasn't aware of these things until much damage had been done.  The information I believe, as I look back at my own pitfalls and experience, is right-on for many of us. 

As I read the whole article by this CCN, what was distracting to me was, apparently, a typist didn't do the keyboarding and proofreading as well as I would have liked, because it was distracting.  However, the information in my opinion has great depth, plus warnings that we may rarely hear even from our own AP physicians. 

Let the reader draw his/her own conclusions… and hopefully it will be helpful,

AF

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
          There was a posting on the Rheumatic site that tells more about Cipro.I do not take it so I have not done any investigating on the subjet,just decided to pass it on for those that are interested.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/18/Antibiotics-to-Avoid-Like-the-Plague-Due-to-FDAs-Oversight-Failure.aspx

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___ Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
    Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
    Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent Activity

Visit Your Group Give Back Yahoo! for Good
    Get inspired
    by a good cause.
    Y! Toolbar Get it Free!
    easy 1-click access
    to your groups.
    Yahoo! Groups Start a group
    in 3 easy steps.
    Connect with others.

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Lynne G,

Thanks for your post and the references to Dr. Jay S. Cohen.  I've created an e-mail to myself based on the information in your post on this subject.  The link you gave led to Dr. Mercola's newsletter and on to the site by Dr. Cohen on “Medication Sense.” 

Copied & pasted e-mail content below (hope it prints ok, as I've been having some yet unsolved problems since MS IE8 was downloaded telling me it was a “critical update.”  Went out of town and need to remove and reload old IE. 

http://www.medicationsense.com/

…We might benefit from hanging onto this link which includes information on other types of medications. 

Dr. Cohen's title, etc.:

Jay S. Cohen, M.D.?Associate Professor

Departments of Family and Preventive Medicine and of Psychiatry?

University of California, San Diego
    http://www.MedicationSense.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Excellent warnings on possible side effects of antibiotics by CCN’ is closed to new replies.