Home Forums General Discussion Enzymes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lakes
    Participant

So many of you have mentioned enzymes, and I am overdue in getting started on them. May I have your suggestions on the best brand of enzyme to take?

Has anyone found a reasonably priced enzyme with the same ingredients as the well known/expensive ones?

There are so many different enzymes out there, all promising to have the best ingredients. I don't know where to begin!

Thanks in advance for the great help I always find here.

MMW
    Participant

Hi Lakes,

I have learned a lot about enzymes from the following books:

Enzymes:  Go With your Gut by Karen DeFelice   (my favorite book with excellent therapy protocols)

Enzymes   Enxyme Therapy  how to jump-start your way to lifelong good health  by Dr. Anthony J. Cichoke

Enzymes:  What the experts know by Tom Bohager

There are many brands out there but I have tried and still use http://www.enzymedica.com/ 

I buy this brand cheaper at http://www.vitaminsupplyusa.com/shop/category.asp?catid=591&sortby=price

There are many specific enzymes that each have their own attribution. 

For example:  if you want one that thins muccous you can take Seaprose (MUCOSTOP at enzymedica)     
    The enzyme Nattokinnase dissolves clots and fibrin and is good for the heart.  It thins the blood as well.
    Serratiopeptidase breaks up muccous and helps you to breathe easier.  It also helps to reduce inflammation. 
    Catalase is your defense enzyme (found in Virastop)
    There  are many more than these.

One can choose to take a digestive enzyme with meals for better digestion.  Or one can choose to do enzyme therapy using the enzymes specific to your needs.  These are taken on an empty stomach inbetween meals.

The one's that I use from Enzymemedica are: Virastop, Repair Gold and/or SerraGold, and Lypo on an empty stomach and Digest Gold with meals.  They do seem to make a difference.  My son has taken Allerase for allergies.

It is worth learning about enzymes in my oppinion.  They can sure help us in many ways.  

Hope this helps

MMW

Conniel7777
    Participant

I HEAR YA!

I ordered Serracor NK ( a suposedly “new and improved” version of Neprinol ) and I paid $125.00 for it, and guess what?? I cant take it.

The capsules are HUGE, and I cant take huge capsules, as I have a LAP BAND for weight loss… any capsules I take have to be the teeny, tiny kind. ( Thank God the Mino I take is the tiny size! )

I tried opening the capsules and swallowing the contents, but Good Lord on high, the taste!!!  bleeecch…………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Parents, listen up: if you want to punish your child without spanking them, give them the contents of a Serracor capsule: you will be giving them something healthy, but the taste is 500 times worse than Cod liver oil could ever be.. the taste is something like putrid nacho cheese mixed with old gym shorts mixed with .. well.. I dont know…  YES, its THAT HORRENDOUS… 😯

Even if I could get over the taste, supposedly by opening the capsules and swallowing the contents, stomach acid could render the enzymes less effective…. so what is the point of gagging down putrid powder 3 times a day if its going to be rendered almost useless by my stomach acid?

I tried buying empty gelcaps in a tiny size and filling them myself, but it takes 4 of the tiny gelcaps to contain 1 of the serracor caspules… so if I need to take 3 of the Serracor capsules, 3 times a day, that means I would have to take 36 of the tiny gel caps per day!!! sorry, but taking 12 gelcaps at once, no matter how tiny they are, wont work with a Lap Band. so, I spent $125.00 for nothing.

I am looking into taking something called Fibrozym http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fibrozym&sprefix=fibroz

because it comes in tablet form ( and I could at least cut the tablets ) and it contains the Serrapeptase…and its not so outrageously expensive. on that same note, there is also  http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Choice-Naturally-Nattokinase-120-count/dp/B000YQ46EG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1258333771&sr=1-1   to get the Nattokinase, also in tablets, and also not outrageously expensive.

If you have no issue taking capsules, you can find lots of options in capsule form… the two I linked above just happen to be tablet form.

If the tablets dont work out for me, I am going to have to forego the systemic enzymes altogether and see how I do without them.

Keep in mind, I think AP works just fine and dandy without them, but of course, using them is just another tool to have in your arsenal, which is great.. the more tools the better.

Hope I have helped you some… 😕

Connie

Lizz
    Participant

Connie – i don't like huge capsules either so got power enzymes that you can mix  in water or juice or a smoothie. Try vitacost.com and see what kinds they have.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi;
       I use the digestive enzymes made by GNC and they work great.They come in a big bleu bottle of 120 and the cost is around 30$.Even my hubby and his 94 year old mother who has constipation and heartburn use them all the time,works for them also.

Conniel7777
    Participant

Lizz,

Wow.. I didnt know systemic enzymes were available in this form.. I would have thought only digestive enzymes could be taken this way.

Wow.. i am going to go on the site now and look around.. if they have Nattokinase and Serrapeptase that could be taken this way, I will buy a ton of it!

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I went over to the site and looked for Nattokinase and Serrapeptase enzymes in powdered form, and they didnt have any. they only had tablets, softgels and capsules. I will have to find out if there will be any decrease in effectiveness if i cut the tablets.

Connie

Lakes
    Participant

Thanks for the great responses!!

MMW, what a great summarized explanation of enzymes! It really helps me narrow things down. And thank you for the book recommendations and links! That is so helpful.

Conniel7777, I'm sorry about your bad experience! Isn't it awful to spend so much money just trying to be healthy and then you can't even use it?! That's why I love this forum so much, it may take some digging (and dumb questions on my part) but it sure is great to learn from everyone else's experiences!

Lizz and Lynne – great information! I'm going to look into those suggestions also. It's nice to know they don't all cost a fortune, or have to be horse pills!!

Thanks, all of you – you're the best!!!

m.
    Participant

I've used Houston's enzymes. Enzymedica. And Source Naturals.

Most often, I forget to take any!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Enzymes?’ is closed to new replies.