Home Forums General Discussion Encouraging Progress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David C
    Participant

Hi
    I feel like I?m obligated to share some encouragement news about my condition to roadback members especially those who have helped me come this far. I have been on AP for 6 months, though it?s not long, but already seeing a lot of improvement mentally, physically and emotionally.
    The first few months was a hell of a ride. Almost all my joints are involved, from cheek bone(TMJ), neck, shoulder, elbows, wrists, knees and down to my ankle. Struggling everyday and night in pain with limited mobility to daily activities. At one point, I thought might have to be on a wheel chair for a long time. Had second thought about AP, thinking of adding Methotrexate to the regime. I even took one dose of the toxic drugs and exactly one week later before my next dose, I felt sick with chill and shivering sensation. ?Yuck?, and That?s it for that DMARD.
    Thank God for his mercy, roadback has given me all the support and knowledgeable advise I needed to go through the darkest time of my life. From tweaking dosage, detox programs to persistency and will power. I now begin to see hope, have confident of beating this monster and live a more productive live again. I just came back from overseas doing a lot of walking and even hiking in the rainforest. That was something I was worrying about not able to travel back in May.
    I just had my blood report back, all readings has improved like ESR, c-reactive protein,hemoglobin and the best part is RHEUMATOID FACTOR is back to the normal range.
    I know the battle is not over, but the hope of recovering and remission is possible. I still remember Maz from connecticut telling me..?David, hang in there, it will work.?
    Thank you so much, Maz, it really works. Slowly but surely.
    My sincere appreciation to all roadback members for you kind support. I will continue to update my progress on this site.

David
    🙂

Maz
    Keymaster

David, I am so happy for your progress. I thought about you recently and wondered how your trip to the Far East (I think you said?) had gone and really glad to know you made it through the worst and had a good time abroad!

You're right, those early months of AP can be pretty unnerving when one is severe, I know, but you're living proof that persistence pays off. Well done, David! Hang in there…those bloodmarkers gradually returning to normal values is so encouraging, but it will likely continue to be a 3 step fwd, 2 step back dance for a while yet. It's been 2 years and 9 months for me and I just have one troublesome knee and ankle left. Very severe cases of RA can take 3 to 5 years to reach remission, but your progress so far sounds really great and should be all the more swift because you managed to avoid the big gun meds and you caught it nice and early.

Thank you so much for coming back to share how things are going…please don't be a stranger and come back often. 😀 And, thank you for “paying it forward” to countless others here, offering so much hope by inspiring them with your story!

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That is wonderful news David – what results! RF back in normal range is cause for big celebration indeed. Thank you so much for letting us know how you are faring, it gives such hope and encouragement to others, especially those who may be at the point of questioning their decision. So glad you are seeing results that are supporting your commitment to sticking with it. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Another post that gives me chills.  I am just so happy for you, David. 

We've said it before, this protocol is not for the weak, it really takes guts to ride out the beginning stage, but once you've weathered that you know you can handle and manage the rest of the ride.

Take care…….kim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Encouraging Progress’ is closed to new replies.