Home Forums General Discussion DragonSlayer Story

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your amazing journey in the Personal Threads section. I'm sure it will be of enormous interest and comfort to those with AS (and may make others pause to think also). I, too, am convinced of the role that diet plays (and, of course, the gut) in the entire family of chronic disease and am acting acccordingly. I wish you the very best in your future. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Dragonslayer!

I agree, your story is not boring at all.  Your inner strength is amazing.  May God bless you.

I'm currently being treated with NAET by an acupuncturist to deal with the food sensitivities, allergies or whatever we are calling them.  I'll let all of you know with future postings if it helps. 

Like you, I can control flares with fasting.  I have RA.  But we can't just quit eating can we?  I am convinced like many of you that there are gut issues related to many ai diseases.

–whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

John McDonald
    Participant

What a ride. Glad you are back and hope you stay intact. On a selfish note when I read about the best Indian restaurant ever in Milpitas I quickly looked up the reference. I am in that area quite often. I guess the owner has about 6 of these now and I have already patronized his place in Hillsboro many times. Cool!

Bill
    Participant

Wow!!

Amazing story of perseverance in the face of suffering and adversity. No wonder you made it!! Great inspiration, thank you for it Dragon Slayer.

Be well,

Bill

ps, Ok now I think I get the board name ! 

DragonSlayer
    Participant

WoW!

Thank You each for taking the time to read about my experiences with this disease.  Perhaps it can provide some hope to others with chronic conditions to keep searching but we all have long periods of giving up, I suppose.  Mostly, I am convinced of the germ related origins of many of these conditions and wished I had pursued this much sooner, of course.

Lynnie–not enough attention is given the role of diet even after starting the AP and I know of one person with AS who discovered that some antibiotics worked only to ignore dietary changes and later develop resistive colonies.  There is some balance required along with much more intensive study.

whaleharbor–good luck with the testing and please let us know what you find out.  A reflexologist once told me that I needed to walk many miles daily and to never eat anything starchy and avoid all dairy.  I was already on the NSD (No Starch Diet) and found in the early stages that I also needed to eliminate dairy–but this was in Philippines, so walking in that heat was impractical. 

John–bon appetit!  I went back to the Milpitas place last year, and took plenty of antibiotics along just to sample stuff I had not eaten in almost a decade.  It was wonderful, but I overdid the antibiotics and had some stomach issues later–but no arthritic symptoms.  Can't do this all the time but on rare occasion it is possible–like a rare meeting with silicon valley friends.  I saw the owner once again after India–on a plane bound for Texas–he has one there for a TI plant, I think, just like in Oregon's silicon alley(?).  Don't know what it is about silicon and Indian food…

Bill–Thanks for the good wishes and to You and all–may You each be surprised by the blessings of health returned to you through your own efforts–both for self and also contributions to others.

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ DragonSlayer Story’ is closed to new replies.