Home Forums General Discussion Dr. S in Iowa question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    suzmb66
    Participant

Hello, I am new to this board, but have read much about Dr. S in Iowa.  I contacted his office by email explaining my diagnosis – scleroderma since 04 – etc.  to see if I could set up an appointment.  I received an email back saying the dr would get back to me in a few days, but it has been almost 2 weeks.  Should I call? I asked my present rhumy about AP therapy, but she didn't believe it would be helpful to me.  Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Suz,

Did you try emailing apdoctors@roadback.org for any AP docs in your state? You could get started with another AP doc first and then go see Dr S for the IVs. Last I heard, his appt schedule was backed up till end of August, so at least you'd have a head start this way.

Another idea is to ask your GP or sympathetic dermatolgist for a minocycline script. Mino is prescribed all the time for kids with acne. As a “therapeutic probe,” it's a pretty innocuous one and doctors do this all the time to see what will or not work for individual patients. You could take this Woman's Day article with you as well as print of the info from the main website, under the Education tab:

http://www.womansday.com/health/12875/i-didnt-recognize-myself.html

Hope you find some in-roads soon!  In the meantime, keep calling Dr S's number, as they should have got back to you by now and may have just been an oversight. 😉 Cheryl or one of the sclero patients here might have some other useful insight for you to get you started. All the best with this!

Peace, Maz

JBJBJB
    Participant

Suz,

E-mail is a very slow way to communicate with Dr. S.  I believe the e-mail is sent to his nurse first, and his nurse then forwards it to his wife, and then he will read it when he has the time. He has consulting time from 12:30 to 1:30 central time. I would call him during this time. Sometimes it's busy. You will have to keep trying.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to read the books mentioned in “Dr. S in Iowa”

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=340&forum_id=1

It's a required reading before you see him. Most of FAQ are well explained in the book, so this can save a lot of time when you go to see him.

JB

suzmb66
    Participant

Hi – thanks for your suggestions. I actually received an email from Dr. S today, and he wants me to contact his office and possibly talk with him.  He is not in on Thursdays so I will try on Fri or early next week.

suera
    Participant

Could I get his email or phone number please.

Thanks,

Sue

Maz
    Keymaster

Sue, have sent you a private message with Dr S's contact info. I don't have his email address, but have sent you his website and telephone info. Sounds like you may get a swifter response by phone.

Peace, Maz

PS…this Dr S in Ida Grove is not the same Dr S from TN/GA that was on the chat on rheumaticsupport.net the other night….just thought to mention that in case. 😉

suzmb66
    Participant

Hi – here is an update. I have an appointment with Dr. S.  Only bummer is that it is not until Sept. but I am excited anyway.  The ladies on the phone were very nice, too.  Besides reading The Proven Therapy that Can Change Your Life, and info on this site, what else should I read and or do before then since I have some time for more research?

Also, Deluxe Motel or Super 8?

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Suz,

Read this thread, info on Hotel, Restaurants, how to be best prepared for IVs and blood work, EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE!

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=340&forum_id=1

Cheryl

suzmb66
    Participant

Hi Cheryl

Thanks for the thread info. I read bits and pieces of it prior to making a decision to contact Dr. S.  I find this board to be very helpful and informative.

Suz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Dr. S in Iowa question’ is closed to new replies.