Home Forums General Discussion Dr. S in Iowa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Could someone please private message me Dr. S's email address and phone number?  I had both on my computer until it crashed and I had to reinstall… I lost all my private files.  I am feeling like its time to get another round of clindy IV's.  As of the last couple months, the balls of my feet and my toes are so sore.  My feet burn and the big toe on my right foot is so sore.  It makes me sad because I did a lot of running and walking and now it hurts and is really slowing me down.  If anyone has this info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Lori

JBJBJB
    Participant

Lori,

I saw your signature that you are on MSM. What is your dosage? I also got it. I am currently taking 3 pills per day. I have not got much of relief yet.  Hope the IV will work out for you and give you a boost. :JB

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Hi JB-

I am taking 8000 mg of MSM daily.  I believe it has helped my joints quite a bit.  I have been using it for over a year now.  I hope it helps you.  I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.  I hope one of your Drs. can help you without putting you on the BAD meds. 

Hang in there,
    Lori

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thanks, Lori.  I emailed you Dr. S' email address. I don't have his phone number. Check your email.

Have you done home IV treatment? It's a lot better than doing it in the hospital. 

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

I have checked into it but they have no home health agencies in my area that do home IV's.  I could possibly check the local hospital and see if I could get them done there.  I was thinking if I did go to Ida Grove we could bring the camper and stay in the local park. That may not be so bad… and you know, I really miss all the corn! 😉  It is only 2 hours away from where I live so its really not that far. 

Thank you for the quick response and for the email address.  I just emailed Dr. S.  I hope I hear from him within the next couple weeks.  I have time from July 10-July18 that I would be able to go and have the IVs done.  If I don't hear from him within the next couple days, perhaps I can called the hospital and see if they can give him a message or I can get a number for him so that I can try to contact him that way too.

Lori

JBJBJB
    Participant

Lori,

You are welcome. I would check the local hospital first. Perhaps the price is cheaper to do it locally and your insurance may cover it all.

I would also check the hospital's home care unit, or cancer care unit. Normally they send nurses to do the IV at home.

You are nuts to say you'd miss cornfields. Perhaps the minocyclin really got you “corny.” Hahaha…. :sick:just kidding. I literally live in the cornfields. When I drove over to Iowa, all I could say to myself……. what, another cornfields? more cornfields?

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Yes I will have to check the hospital and see what they can tell me.

I had to throw the remark about the cornfields in there because I remember you saying the cornfields were about to drive you nuts! haha.  We have a “Corn Palace” here in South Dakota.  Perhaps You could talk Mike into bringing you and the kids to visit it.  They decorate an entire building with CORN.  Its in Mitchell South Dakota.  You may want to google it so you can see pics of it.  I know that it would make your day! 😉

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=212]Time_of_my_Life[/user] wrote:

We have a “Corn Palace” here in South Dakota.  Perhaps You could talk Mike into bringing you and the kids to visit it.  They decorate an entire building with CORN.  Its in Mitchell South Dakota. 

Actually I saw a documentary TV show about it. It's very amazing.

Last week, I went to our local Kroger store. I found they were selling “Florida Corns” hahaha….. I told the manager he was crazy to sell Florida corns…. perhaps the corns have BP crude oil flavor. 😎

Hope you will find more information from your local hospital. I am sure they will be able to handle you as an outpatient.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

Just sent you a PM with Dr. S's phone #. Hopefully another round of IVs will set you right again. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Eggs
    Participant

can i also have dr s's new number and email?

Dan_M
    Participant

Just sent you a PM with the info.

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Good News!  I have been set up to have the IV's done here at our local hospital starting tomorrow!  I'm glad I don't have to spend a week in a hotel. 

I have a couple questions.  I do not remember how many hours the 2 IV's a day are supposed to be spaced apart.  I was thinking like 7 hours.  The appt. guy at the hospital said 12 but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that far apart.  So we are going with 7.  I hope that sounds right?

Also, do I need to go off of any medications while I am getting the IV's or do anything else differently?  I can't remember!  Do I continue to take the Minocycline?

Also if they ask me what its for do I say RA or do I say for a mycoplasma (not sure if thats the right name even.) infection?  I don't want to screw it up for insurance purposes!

Thanks in Advance,
    Lori

Fran
    Participant

Lori-  I just had my IV's done by home health care through Dr. S in February and I told the nurse's when they asked what was wrong with me that I had a mycoplasma infection and didn't even mention the RA.

I had to go off my doxy while taking the IV clindy and previously when I had IV clindy with Dr. S and was on mino, he told me to go off the mino for the week I was on IV clindy.

They do say 12 hours apart, but my nurse told me I could do 7-9 hours apart.  I mostly stuck with 12 hours apart except for the last day where I did about 8 hours apart.

Good luck!  Fran

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Thank you Fran!  I am done with my first 2.  They said at the hospital that it is best to space them 12 hours apart so that is what we are doing.  I guess that is how they were in Ida Grove too… I kinda forgot!

The nurses did ask me what it was for and I said for a Mycoplasma infection.. but then they wanted to know where the infection was located in my lungs or where…so I ended up just telling them it was RA caused by a Mycoplasma infection.  Hopefully its coded the way Dr. S prescribed it for which was Mycoplasma infection.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

I am glad that I am able to get them done here at the local hospital.  I asked the nurses about getting them done at home and they said I would need the prescribing dr. to prescribe an IV put in for home use and then order the medication through some infusion company or something like that?  I'm not sure how that all works… I had called home health before I went the hospital route and they said they cant put in IV lines.  So next time I may have that all figured out so that I can have it done in home.

🙂

Lori

tessala73
    Participant

I am a new member and recently joined today.  I have been trying to locate a doctor that does AP treatment.  I live in Kansas City, MO and I received a list of doctors for Missouri, but have had no luck – either retired, not taking new patients, or not doing treatment.  I would appreciate any information.  I would like to meet with Dr. S that everyone is mentioning.  I am hopeful for the first time in a long time.  I currently have been diagnosed with lupus, mixed connective tissue disease, and Raynauds.  Any help would be great. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘ Dr. S in Iowa’ is closed to new replies.