Home Forums General Discussion Dr F in CA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    orchid
    Participant

Hi,

Any good info you can give me on Dr F? Does he start you on IV right away? If you live out of state, how good is he at getting back to you and tracking your progress, adjusting meds/doses if necessary? He takes most insurance plans (PPO) which is good.

Thanks!

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Orchid,

Im new on AP therapy so here's my expereince so far….I have been on Minocin for 4.5 months and Dr. F suggested that I start the IV's so I'm waiting for the insurance to approve it. I visit Dr. F every 4 weeks, I started with Minocin 100mg 2x a day MWF for 2 months then he changed it to M-F for 1 month and changed it again and now I take it 7 days a week. Everybody has a different dosage that I talk to, depending on our diagnosis, different symptons, etc. I have Blue Cross PPO (The new Anthem Blue Cross) and so far my insurance covers the brand minocin and Im hoping and praying it will cover the IV's as well. All the staff at his office are so nice and understanding which I have not had any other rhuemy's office. I wish you well.

Rebecca

Dr. F is wonderful; started me on IV clinda right away.  For those who may have to consider paying out of pocket, Dr. F was able to write a prescription for me which I was able to arrange and “fill” back in Hawaii after receiving a couple of rounds here.

Suzanne
    Participant

Orchid, it looks like these replies are from sclero patients, so keep in mind it might be different for RA.  I'm thinking of a couple RA patients that I don't think did IVs; maybe they will see this and reply.  Good luck to you!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

orchid
    Participant

Thanks for your replies!

Like Suzanne said, if there are any RA patients with experience with Dr F, I'd appreciate it. Glad to hear the good replies, so far, though.

-Orchid

Terre
    Participant

Hi Orchid,
    I just started seeing Dr. F this past July.  I live in NoCal and fly down for my appointments every two months.  I also have SD and so far have been very happy with Dr  F and his staff.  He is available by phone and has been prompt with return calls.  When I do have my appointments, I get seen promptly and he spends as much time with me as needed.  i never feel rushed.

He started me on Minocin but after one dose I began to itch horribly and  red blotches covered my extremities.  I stopped immed and he put me on Zithromax 500mg three times a week.  He mentioned the use of IV's and will probably discuss at this weeks appointment (on Wed).   I totally feel I'm on the mend…

BTW, my younger brother has Lupus (diagnosed at 13 yrs old) and one of my younger sisters has RA and lupus symptoms (diagnosed at 18 or so).  All the females in my family (Mom and three out of 4 sisters) have thryoid disease. 

I'm learning a lot reading all your posts.  Good Luck to you.

Terre

orchid
    Participant

Thanks, Terre – I wish you well. I've heard a lot of good things about Dr F so far, but mainly from SD patients. This must be his speciality?

Sorry to hear about the reaction to minocin — hopefully the zith will help and who knows, you may be able to tolerate the mino at some point.

Take care!

Milana
    Participant

Hi Orchid –

As you can see, I am going through a lot of the posts today.  I have been diagnosed with moderate rheumatoid arthritis and was just down to see Dr. F in August for my first visit. 

He started me on MWF Minnocin 200mg and he didn't even discuss IV's with me.  Not sure if it depends on how bad your situation may be, etc.  I have significant inflammation, but I know it could be worse, so we'll see. 

He is a wonderful doctor though and he was the first rheumy I met with that really took his time to talk to me and think outside the box.  He did recommend a lot of supplements to me when I was there, so it definitely wasn't cheap, but otherwise my insurance has covered all the bloodwork and x-rays which were done at the clinic. 

Well worth flying to seeing him!  Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. 

Milana

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Dr F in CA’ is closed to new replies.