Home Forums General Discussion Doxacycline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

My doc has prescribed me Doxy 100mgs once a day. I would like to know what dosage should I start   it off with and what is the best time to take this drug? Unlike Mino, I know Doxy has to be taken with food to minimize stomach discomfort. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Texas T.
    Participant

I understand it should be taken on an empty stomach – which occurs about 2 hours after you have eaten.  I used to take Doxy and now take Minocin about 3:00 in the afternoon – 2 – 3 hours after lunch.  No tummy troubles for me that way.

casey
    Participant

We pulse doxy 100mg 2x/day every other day. We take one with breaky and one with supper . We cannot take ours on an empty stomach or we get severe nausea. We also avoid eating calcium/dairy products at the same time.

Also on our prescript bottle it says to take with food.

Casey

m.
    Participant

I take Doxy. Started out with 50 mg MWF. I take it with a little food, always.
    I try to avoid taking it with dairy products, but I'm not all that mindful about it as I was when I first started.

About four months into AP, I had a bad, bad flare, in many ways worse than my original flare. I raised my dose to 2 x 50 mg MWF. So, sometime in the morning, I'll take one capsule. Then, sometime in the evening I'll take another.

I take my probiotics on my days off of the antibiotics.

It's been about 1.5 years on the Doxy. I'm doing great. My joints still ache off and on, and I'm still stiff in the morning, but my joints no longer BURN.
    No more anemia.

I haven't felt the need to raise the dose again, yet. I'd like to stay at the lowest possible dose that works.

HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Doxacycline’ is closed to new replies.