Home Forums General Discussion Dosing time help needed!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MarlaCL
    Participant

Hi All
    I have scleroderma and have severe lung fibrosis. I am currently on 2000 mg of cellecpt and 100 mg of Minocyn 5 x per week. I also take Nexium and many many supplements. I am wondering if anybody taking similar meds can help me map out a timetable to maximize the full potency of my meds and supplements!! I would appreciate any advice ! Thank you Marla

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Hi All
    I have scleroderma and have severe lung fibrosis. I am currently on 2000 mg of cellecpt and 100 mg of Minocyn 5 x per week. I also take Nexium and many many supplements. I am wondering if anybody taking similar meds can help me map out a timetable to maximize the full potency of my meds and supplements!! I would appreciate any advice ! Thank you Marla

Technically, no antibiotics should be taken while on Cellcept according to the drug manufacturer. Cellcept depends on the gut biome to work properly and any antibiotics will interfere with it by varying the dosages area under the curve (AUC). That is not to mean it is not done, just should not be done. I did mix the two initially since I had lung issues, but dropped the Cellcept once things normalized. Is that what you are trying to work around, or something else? One suggestion is to concentrate on lowering levels of TgF-B1, this will help prevent further lung fibrosis and in conjunction with Minocycline can even heal the existing fibrosis better than using the new anti-fibrotic medications.

kater
    Participant

Hi Marla
    as you mentioned that the Cellcept is not really doing a lot for you at this point I think the mino is your priority item. Red Lizzy has interesting comments- It isn’t something I have taken so don’t have a lot of info on it. I always take my mino with my lunch since it is once a day like you . It is ok with vitamins but I keep the minerals, iron, probiotics, any supplements containing dairy, all away from it by at least two hours. The magnesium and NAC are good at bedtime, or NAC morning and bedtime if two doses. Fish oil is good at dinner or bedtime. Fat soluble vitamins need to be with meals. I can’t remember all you take but that is a start. If you let me know your supplement list maybe I can help more. You can text me.
    Hi from the left coast
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Marla,

How long have you been taking minocycline?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MarlaCL
    Participant

Phil. Been on this dose 4 weeks. Smaller dose since August so as not to have an allergic reaction as I’m allergic to many antibiotics

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Marla,

What dose of mino were you taking prior to it being reduced in August? And how did you feel when you were on that dose?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.