Home Forums General Discussion Does doxycycline work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hoping
    Participant

I was on tetracycline for 3 years. Then I tried minocycline at the end of April, which I had the Herxheimer reaction (I have lupus). Now I am starting doxycycline. Just wonder if anyone has used it before and achieved remission.

klogan
    Participant

Lots of doxy users out here. It's worked for lots of people. I am hoping it's working, not totally sure. I tried mino and doxy together and when I upped the dosages a little too far too fast, had a heck of a reaction. I think it was part herx and part just too much. We assumed it was the mino, so I'm trying the doxy. I'm okay if I stay under 100mg.  Right now, I'm on 50mg MWF.
    But poke around the bulletin board – other people have asked this very question. There are people on doxy dosages as low as 25mg and up to about 200mg.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hoping – it is a litle unclear from your post but it sounds like you may have switched from mino because of the herxheimer reaction? If so, perhaps it was too big a herx response, in which case dropping the dose and possibly the number of days is the way to address this. A herx in itself is considered a good thing (means pathogens are successfully being targeted), as long as it is tolerable. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

m.
    Participant

Doxy is doing the trick for me. 🙂

JoySK
    Participant

I am wondering how does one test for mycoplasma and what is TARCI ?
    Thanks Joy

Kim
    Participant

Hey Joy,

The Arthritis Research Center (http://www.[highlight= #ffff88]tarci[/highlight].net) will test for mycoplasma as well as other things.  Perhaps you could ask your doctor to use this lab.

Take care…..kim

JoySK
    Participant

Thanks Kim for your reply. We live in Canada. Is this a blood test and is it a test that just certain labs have the equipment to test? Wondering if anyone in Canada has had this test down here and where ?
    ta Joy

frhorngal
    Participant

I'm currently using doxy and while the going is slow, it's working…I do have a Lyme diagnosis as well which could be why I respond best to it (have been on mino, plaquenil, azithromycin, flagyl, etc.)

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

JoySK
    Participant

Thanks for your reply frhornga, I will cross my fingers hoping it continues to work. That Lyme can sure be tricky, I was lucky when I got bit I had the classic bookcase rash 3 days after being bit and went to see the Dr. right away. I told the Dr. I wanted 2 wks of Dox like right now as I didn't trust the any blood work done here in Canada and luckily we get along real well so he agreed and so far no symptoms. But have a couple of friends they are struggling with all kinds of ugly reactions from it.
    I send you all on this website blessings.

Hoping
    Participant

Thanks to all these doxy responses. It gave me courage to go on. I thought mino has been doing most of the trick.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Does doxycycline work?’ is closed to new replies.