Home Forums General Discussion does ap therapy work even when you have to quit for a period of time and start all over

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

this is about my 3rd time of starting ap therapy.  will i still see progress even if have been off of for approx. two months

richie
    Participant

Hi

Hopefully –however some folks who stopped then restarted on some ocassions  have more difficulty in making progress

Richie

SusanSD
    Participant

HI Tish,

Personally, I believe that one should be very cautious about going off AP, even if you're symptom free. If (and when) I do reach the symptom free stage, I plan on being on a maintenancy dose of AP, so I won't see the symptoms return. Have you tried that approach?

– Susan

richie
    Participant

Hi

Susan

Definitely agree with your opinion –in fact even though I am in remission -I still take the full dose –dealing with a relapse is unthinkable

Richie

Manda
    Participant

I was off AP for about 9 months I think. It's working, but for me, it felt like it was harder than the first time.. ie: symptoms were stronger. It is working though.. I just wish I never stopped, or I'd be really well by now instead of the good days/bad days situation that I'm in once again. It's worth it though, and this time I know better than to stop for any great length of time! 😉

Good luck with it.

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Tish,

I started AP 16 yrs. ago.  I hit it hard with the I.V.'s weekly for 2 yrs. along with Minocycline.  After 2 years of traveling each week, I backed down to just Minocycline for a year, then got off.  I was tired of the whole thing.  Tired of taking antibiotics, of taking pills, of taking Nystatin, Probiotics, you name it, I was fed up.  :headbang: About a year later into it, I got a dental infection that knocked me to the floor in a matter of a couple of days.  I knew that it would kill me if I didn't get back on the I.V.s and the Minocin.  So…back to trapesing to the doctor…the weekly 2 1/2 hr. trip one way for the I.V.'s.  Plus..doc put me on Minocin and Zithromax on Saturdays.  I kept up the protocol and will continue on it.  The second time DID pull me out of being down and out, but it took  longer to respond and I did use the added Zithromax.  😉

Since I went to see Dr. S. as a second opinion, he convinced me to never ever get off.  The more ill ones also should get the I.V.'s every six months.  😯   

I often wonder if I could have gotten closer to remission if I stayed with the protocol in the first place? 

Diane

tish
    Participant

hello diane,

thanks so much for your answer, do you take minocin mwf +and iv weekly still. or have you cut down any.  i'm glad you're doing better.

Fran
    Participant

I'm glad this thread was started because I have had to go off AP and I thought I could start back up this week but my liver test results were back and my enzymes are still high so I can't go back on.  Even though I have no symptoms, I'm worried about being off.  I've been off a month now and no symptoms yet.  Dr. S did warn me to never go off but I don't know how long is considered “going off.”  Looks like it will be another month before my next liver test and they want me off.  Even Dr. S agreed I should be off right now.  Sigh!

tish
    Participant

hello fran,

i don't know how you feel about natural remedies, but i read in a health magazine that just about 2 weeks ago that milk thistle will bring your liver emzymes down.  Don't get Wal-mart brand, get a good stantardized brand.  After all my problems i will not be without liver enzymes again.  hope this helps.  keep me posted. 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes Milk Thistle is great for your liver. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Tish,

Right now I”m doing Monday-Minocin, Wed. Doxy, Friday Minocin, Saturday-Zithromax.   I”m going to study more on the MP and see if that is a route I should be taking.  I”m at a stand-still now.  I”m not on I.V's as doc doesn't want to give them to me anymore.  I have super hard veins to find, the worst ever.  Most peopel can not get an I.V. into me.    I attribute it to inflammation and being on a beta-blocker for 35 yrs.

Diane

Fran
    Participant

[user=345]tish[/user] wrote:

hello fran,

i don't know how you feel about natural remedies, but i read in a health magazine that just about 2 weeks ago that milk thistle will bring your liver emzymes down.  Don't get Wal-mart brand, get a good stantardized brand.  After all my problems i will not be without liver enzymes again.  hope this helps.  keep me posted. 

Tish-  I feel very strong about natural remedies.  I am on milk thistle (a high quality organic one) and have been on it ever since I started AP.  I took a small break from milk thistle Nov-March but went back on it in March.  I went off mino back in February cuz I had a high sensitivity to it and switched to zithro.  It was while on zithro that I developed the liver situation.  Dr. S doesn't know what to think as he told me he doesn't see liver problems on zithro but I find that hard to believe.  He thinks it has something to do with my sensitivity to things. 

I do the lemon-olive oil too, although I had gotten lazy about it and wasn't doing it every day cuz I felt so well.  I take no painkillers or no other drugs and eat organically with little to no processed foods.  I can't imagine the state of my liver if I took anything else—-that's what bums me out!

pam
    Participant

I am also in a situation where I have had to stop minocin for the second time due to high liver enzymes. I went 18 months on AP, had to stop for 1 month as a washout , started AP again  for 2 months at a reduced dosage and now have had to stop due to skyhigh enzymes. They were higher after 2 months than after 18 months on AP.

I feel I am stiffening up again and I am worried about my options at this point.

I would like to try IV's but wonder if they also will cause enzymes to rise.

Ideas?

SD, RA

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Really recommend the milk thistle. Plus the lemon/olive oil drink. See the rationale and recipe at the link below. Lynnie

http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ does ap therapy work even when you have to quit for a period of time and start all over’ is closed to new replies.