Home Forums General Discussion doc visit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deeS
    Participant

Hi,

I went to see my rheumy today and he gave me a prescription for mino.  He has told me in the past that he has another patient using it.  Today he told me that the patient came to him already following the antibiotic protocol.  He said to take a 100 mg tablet  2x/day.  I question him on a slower start and he said no, start with the 200. I aske dhim why he didn't use eth antibiotic protocol more and he said because there are better drugs out there. I said, like methx…with horrible side affects. And, he just smiled.  😕

I just am not comfortable starting with 200/day.  Also, I am currently taking Azithromycin fro a sinus infection and am not sure how long to wit to start the mino. 

I do need a knowledgeable and supportive doc. Any advice from you guys?

deeS 

JeffN
    Participant

I started on 100mg twice a day everyday and it was OK. Try that or just work yourself up more slowly. I went with the full dose because I felt so bad with the SD and just wanted to get something going.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Dee,

Do you find yourself having some joints pain while you are on Azithromycin? I did. About three weeks before I started AP, I had a bronchitis infection and the doctor put me on Azith, I had a lot of pain.

I'd wait a week (washout) after you finish taking Azithromycin, then start Mino. Like Jeff, I also started 100 mg Minocyclin twice a day. If you have a lot of reactions, then you could lower the dosage and start it slowly, or pulse it.  JMO

JOJO19551
    Participant

Dee,

I also started with 100mg 2x day and had no problems.  I have been on minocin for 2 1/2 months and so far, no problems.  Good luck. JoAnn

deeS
    Participant

Thanks, guys.  😉

marg
    Participant

Dee, my daughter could not tolerate 200 mg a day and cut back to MWF which was better for her.

Her rheumy also prescribed 200 a day, but was OK with pulsing when she saw the good results.

You'll have to see how things go for you.. Good Luck!

Missyb
    Participant

Hi Dee, I was just started on mino 1 week ago, and it is the same dose as you..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ doc visit’ is closed to new replies.