Home Forums General Discussion Diflucan/flouconazole

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Jan Lucinda – here in Australia – and also in England – you can buy 'Diflucan 1' as an over the counter treatment. Pretty expensive though ($23 for one pill). It's meant to be a single treatment for sudden onset thrush primarily. Any chronic candida issues you still have to consult a doc for a presecription for ongoing treatment. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

Hi

Ivax is an American Co. that was taken over by TEVA in  I think 2006 –IVAX production is in the US –they have been producing generic diflucan  since 2004 in the US. —I am willing to bet that the medicine you picked up was stale and outdated —

richie

Pip
    Participant

Hi All –

DianeTexas – locally, all the drug stores only carry IVAX now and Medco tells me they have a version available by Greenstreet.  I'm a little afraid to try that, under the circumstances, so opted to get the Brand from Canada.

Donna – did you report to the FDA?  Please do, it's the only way we can get them to actually check our meds?  The link is on the front page of the site.

Maz – Teva may be Israeli, but IVAX is manufactured in India.  Multiple sites report that.  I have no idea why that pharmacist freaked out (and freaked me out) about it, but I'm guessing there have been problems in the past. 

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=5281

Friend – Pfizer has the brand in the US.  IVAX has nothing to do with them.  Hope all is well with you!

http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?NewsEntityId=15483020

Merideth – you can definitely herx and have die off from yeast.  I was on the couch the first time I took it – thought it was the flu.

Richie – no, definitely not stale and outdated.  Checked the boxes before CVS confiscated them. 

Update – well, Oil of Oregano and GSE have helped a lot but they make me gag like I have a hairball – why does everything natural taste so YUCKY!.  I've finally started on Diflucan (Pfizer – took a while to get from Canada) and am making headway.  The Nystatin seems to help too. 

The liver pain is gone, the yeast 'blisters' are down a lot, the 'girly' signs are gone but I can still 'feel' it if you know what I mean.  At least that taste is gone – ugg!

We really need to watch our meds because who would believe we can get 'worse' on them?  Please always report any discrepancies to the FDA. 

This was depressing because I'd made such headway prior to this.

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Pip & All,

Glad you raised this subject again, for like Dr. Crook when he was living, I believe the prevalence of the malady of candida yeast/fungal problems, as well as those that begin from a related type of malady, are all much greater than we can believe. 

One of the few rheumatologists that are “in our corner” about AP and its role in getting us well, is one who has The Arthritis Center.  Quite some time ago, I just happened to go to his web site and found his charts of some of the consequences of various organisms that are — or become — parasitic to our bodies when our immune systems become unable to keep us healthy.  Such was the beginning of my own chronic illness, when I was given repeated 10 day RXes for a full two years… and having been very well all of my life, I had no idea about probiotics (but neither did my “outstanding”? internist and other physicians during that time). 

Thus began a 2-year systemic overgrowth of a candida fungus type of problem, and at the end of two years, I felt like a lifeless vegetable.  If a local lady, who had just put in a health store (she felt led to do this, because of finally helping to get her young chronically ill daughter well), had not rescued me and given me Dr. Crook's book to read, by now I'm sure I would have been 6 feet under. 

Not everyone is as prone to develop this severe a type of problem, but if we have a chronic illness, we need to make doubly sure to guard against its developing.  Because, if we do, then this can actually lead to even more serious problems.  There are medical professionals/including a pediatric oncologist, in the world right now that are actually curing cancers with one of the most alkline/safe substances, including leukemias, by treating these cancers as a fungus.  They maintain that cancer and fungus are the same thing. 

If one learns (or even thinks) they need an antifungal, then determining this for sure and the best type of treatment for ourselves is certainly worth the effort.  This is a link (hope it works) to this rheumatologist's site and pages that show the results from such causes as these:

http://www.thearthritiscenter.com/arthritis_info.htm

Best,

AF

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=23]Pip[/user] wrote:

Maz – Teva may be Israeli, but IVAX is manufactured in India.  Multiple sites report that.  I have no idea why that pharmacist freaked out (and freaked me out) about it, but I'm guessing there have been problems in the past. 

Hi Pip,

I stand corrected! IVAX was purchased by TEVA and many pharmaceuticals now outsource manufacturing abroad to reduce costs and increase revenues. This was the wiki link I provided earlier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teva_Pharmaceutical_Industries

“After its (TEVA's) acquisition of U.S. rival Ivax Corporation in January 2006, the company has about 28,000 employees in 50 countries.”

In the link you provided, it does indeed say that IVAX in Miami is outsourcing its generic diflucan to India:

“Manufactured for: 0172

Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 06/05

Miami, FL 33137 B3

by: Cipla Ltd.

Kurkumbh, India

Made in India

Thanks for clarifying that for everyone! Just goes to show that common drugs we think are manufacturered here or by reputable pharmaceuticals abroad may well be outsourced to developing nations and it is wise to look at the small print.

Peace, Maz

louris
    Participant

Quite the coincidence that this was brought up.  I was ripping my personal information printed on the label from the bottle off of my most recent bottle of diflucan and noticed the Made in India printed on the original manufacturer's label.  You can't win…:headbang:

Pip
    Participant

Thanks, Friend.  I'd actually been sorting my old email and found a copy of this from you from a few years ago.  LOL  I need to keep reading this stuff as it doesn't sink in the first 10 times. 

Maz and Louris – I've recently read about government agencies who are tracking illegal meds and they're using a portable specto-whatzit.  They can now figure out where exactly in the world each med was made.  The inventor said something like 'I envision a world where one of these are in every drugstore' and I thought, damn, I could have used that at CVS.  LOL

Hugs and a yeast-free life to all –

Pip

Deb-AZ
    Participant

Has anyone ever had any problems with “Glenmark” generic?

Thanks

Deb

louris
    Participant

I took Glenmark for one round last fall and one round this spring.  I had no problems with and it seemed to be very effective both times.  I switched to Ivax because 1) I thought I was getting a product not manufactured overseas in India or China 2) it is much less expensive through Costco as opposed to getting the Glenmark at CVS since I don't have adequate pharmacy coverage.

APbeliever
    Participant

Indian quality control is even worst than China. They showed this article a while back on 60 minutes about Indian drug firms dumping low quality junk meds all over Canada and US. The brand names of some of the drugs that people buy from Canada are actually Made in India. (Mostly Cipla). For instance Celebrex is a brand name drug made my Cipla. Pfizer has outsourced their manufacturing to India.

If you look at the supplements, there are mostly made in China and you all know already what kind of trash we have in some of them. God help us all.

MMW
    Participant

Another Heads Up,

I have taken Flucanazole (IVAX) brand for two weeks.  I started feeling tongue symptoms over the past week.  Several days ago I noticed my tongue seemed to be getting more white.   Last night, I googled thrush images to see if that was what my tongue was like.

Sure enough, the images looked very similar to mine.  Since my tongue has been really bugging me over the past few days I decided to google thrush here at the roadback.  Last night I came across PIP's post right here about her unfortunate experince with IVAX.  

Boy, did this post hit when I looked at my product and saw it was from IVAX too!   I would never expected to end up with yeast on my tongue and flares in other places as well worse than I ever experienced before!

Thanks for your heads up PIP.   I am going to talk to my AP dr about this on Monday and switch brands.  

If I had not read Pipps post, I would have kept going on thinking this was some strange type of yeast kill-off reaction.  But my gut feeling all along said it wasn't.  I think the IVAX increased my yeast problem.  

Oh and I have been on a very strict anti yeast diet for the past 3 wks, so there is no chance what I ate caused this to happen.

This is so very irritating, how we can't trust generics anymore.  We all try so hard to get well,  we do everything we can right but we still end up victimized!:sick:
    :X
    Hope this helps someone.

MMW

MMW
    Participant

So I got flucanazole from IVAX and one week later my husband got flucanazone from GLENMARK.   We both are on 30 day courses. 

Last night, I took one of his Glenmark.   Just 30 minutes later I noticed that my tongue felt slightly better.  This morning I could not believe the difference.  My tongue felt 80% better.  It even was a tinge less white.

While on IVAX, for two weeks I noticed I felt very weak and had little strength.  I also had very slight pain in the liver area.   I asked my dr. and he said that this medication can cause a bit of adrenal suppresion and that may be why I was having energy problems.  So I thought it was all normal until my tongue got bad Friday.

I don't feel the same way today as I did on IVAX.  And that is just with ONE  Glenmark tablet.   It seems to be okay.  I will take this up with my dr. tomorrow and let him know all that happened.

MMW

PS  My thoughts are that if there is any doubt about a company's quality, and if anyone has had any problem whatsoever, ….I don't want to take any chances. 

I appreciate all you who post your experiences with specific companies and their medication.   I would never have figured this all out had it not been for Pips post.

Pip
    Participant

I was just trying to see if others had the same experience and get people to REPORT to the FDA (and now People's Pharmacy).

Hugs,

Pip

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ Diflucan/flouconazole’ is closed to new replies.