Home Forums General Discussion Diflucan regimen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ideamktg
    Keymaster

I finally got an Rx for Diflucan–from my gynecologist. She told me to take one 150 mg. tablet and then another one 3 days later, when the yeast starts to “bud.” Has anyone heard of this? Tomorrow is the day I take my second dose.

In addition to that, I've been wondering if I should increase my probiotic dose. I take two capsules a day of a good, refrigerated kind called Udo's Choice. Twelve billion cells per capsule.

I keep a pretty good diet for yeast prevention, though I like some sweet fruit and dark chocolate. I've eliminated nearly all of the other no-nos.

Any thoughts?

Sierra

charli
    Participant

Hi all-

I also have some questions about diflucan.  What is the best generic?  I have taken the Ivax and the Teva brands and feel terrible for days after taking them.  I think I read that alot of people have problems with Ivax but I think Teva bought Ivax, so does that mean they are the same?

Also, does others out there with SD have hypopigmentation and do any of you have small mouth?  Just wondering if AP helps these things.

Thanks for your help!

Charli

mschmidt
    Participant

I have not heard of dosing the diflucan every 3 days.  I take it for 4 weeks, then am off it for 2 weeks or more.  You mentioned your gyno prescribed it for you–do you have an AP doctor or LLMD?  If you do, I would check with them about dosage and frequency. 

Charli,

I've taken the generic Ivax, and have had no issues with it at all.  I did herx a bit the second time I took it–had a bad headache and stomach ache that went away 3 days later.  I do think that not drinking enough water with it those days didn't help my case, as I was probably dehydrated. 

I had some blotchy hypopigmentation spots on my body initially but, they have gone away since starting AP.  Also, I went from only being able to open my mouth 5.7 cm to now being able to open it 7 cm.  I still have slight tightness in cheeks, and my smile isn't as wide as it used to be but, I'm the only one that notices that. YES, it definitely improved for me on AP!!

Maria

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2347]Sierra1[/user] wrote:

I finally got an Rx for Diflucan–from my gynecologist. She told me to take one 150 mg. tablet and then another one 3 days later, when the yeast starts to “bud.” Has anyone heard of this? Tomorrow is the day I take my second dose.

Hi Sierrrrra!

Sounds like you've been prescribed the standard two-dose hit for a female yeast infection? Was it just two tablets? Unfortunately, if there is yeast overgrowth in the gut (which most mainstream docs don't treat), then this may be enough to cover the overt infection, but likely not the gut overgrowth. AP docs will generally pulse in diflucan on a regular basis when this is a concern. Definitely wise to keep your probiotics well up.

I am currently using long pulses of Diflucan (Shardt Protocol 100mg twice daily) in two week pulses (two weeks on and two weeks off) for Lyme disease and have been doing this for the past 7 months. It's quite hard on the liver (shuts down the P450 cytochrome, – a detoxing pathway), which is why I do the two-week pulses and regular monthly labs are needed to watch LFTs. You likely wouldn't need anything as heavy as this type of protocol, but if you find yeast overgrowth is becoming a problem, you might need to look into an alternative doc to help you out. Alternatively, there are a number of natural anti-fungals you can research, such as Olive Leaf extract (capsules) or Grapefruit seed Extract (drops that are diluted) for maintenance.  

Peace, Maz

ideamktg
    Keymaster

Thanks for your response, Maz!

sierrrra

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sierra – also, if yeast is overgrown in the gut, some docs will rx a combination of Diflucan (systemic) and Nystatin (washout) which tends to work better as a combo. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Diflucan regimen’ is closed to new replies.