Home Forums General Discussion Did you had to lower dose abx, after two years or more treatment?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    isthislyme
    Participant

Hello, i am new here,

i decided to register since i found that many users here treat their lyme associated pain with abx.

As the topic shows, after almost 2 years of pulsed abx treatment, my herxing symptoms got much much worse, than it was the first year. I was taking 200mg doxy 2x day plus Cefixime 400mg 2xday and tindamax on a pulse schedule on MWF for two week and on week pause. Now on one of this days, i tried to take the lunch doses and after 5 hours i started to have severe dizziness almost to pass out and all my symptoms got much worse. So i stopped there, waited 3 days and the last pulse week, i only took the first doses and the symptoms are starting to flare again. i think i cannot handle the dinner doses for now. So in this last week of pulse i only took the lunch doses and skipped the dinner doses.

will this be a problem in creating resistance to the infection or is it ok to continue this schedule the only the lunch doses until i get better or perhaps leave it that way? Can someone give feedback on this please?

sorry for my english

Thank you

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi there! Hopefully you don’t mind a few questions that may help generate some responses for you?

Have you been diagnosed with a rheumatic disease with associated lab markers?

Are you receiving treatment from an experienced Lyme Literate MD? If so, which infections did he/she diagnose in your case (or just Lyme)? Have you remained on the same protocol these past two years or have you switched things up more recently? Is the doc helping you with protecting your gut health and detoxification?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.