Home Forums General Discussion Did I take my minocycline?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sierrra
    Participant

Do you ever forget if you've taken your medicine? It happened to me again this morning, and I decided that I probably hadn't taken it, so I swallowed what might've been a second dose. Anyone know of overdose issues with minocycline? I'd also be interested in tips for remembering if you've taken the med or not.

Sierra

davew
    Participant

Hi Sierra..

If I recall, Dr Brown prescribed up to 500 mg @ day. How much do you take now?

I take 200 mg @ day and probably have taken 300 for the same reason that you are posting. Never has been a problem for me.

Perhaps others may have a better answer, but that's what I have gleaned from both experience and from Dr Brown…

Best wishes,

Dave

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1037]sierrra[/user] wrote:

Do you ever forget if you've taken your medicine? It happened to me again this morning, and I decided that I probably hadn't taken it, so I swallowed what might've been a second dose. Anyone know of overdose issues with minocycline? I'd also be interested in tips for remembering if you've taken the med or not.

Hi Sierra,

Getting a small plastic pill box from a pharmacy should help you to remember what you've taken. You just load it up weekly with your doses and take on the days labeled on the box.

If memory serves, John M used to take two 100mg mino caps at the same time every day, but my preference is twice daily to “spread the wealth,” so to speak. If you think you've double-dosed today, just skip your evening dose. It shouldn't make much of a difference on one day.

Peace, Maz

PS. I think Dave might be referring to the tetracycline Dr Brown used to use at 250mg twice a day? 250mg of tetra = 100mg of doxy or mino, dose-wise.

JBJBJB
    Participant

I would not worry about it. I took three times a day several times and I am still kicking. Sometimes I'd forget to take one….. It won't cause any harm. 200 mg or even 300 mg is small dosage.

One thing I always worry about is my thyroid Armor. If I can't remember I take it, I simply won't take it.

:JB

Tiff
    Participant

I second the pill box idea Maz mentioned.  Taking thyroid meds every day, I learned that you really can't remember specifically if you took it that morning when you literally have that same memory for 1000s of days!  😛  I load up my weekly pill box every Saturday evening.  It is a running joke for my family, but it fixed that problem for good.  I still miss meds sometimes, but I know I did it.  There are a variety of types, and you can put your supplements in them, too!

louris
    Participant

Same problem.  Different antibiotic.  I might have done this with my Cipro yesterday evening.  I wanted to take a pre-meal supplement and I'm not sure, in hindsight, if I grabbed it or my cipro.  I counted the cipro out before taking, what might have been my second evening dose, and the count indicated it would have been my only dose for that evening.  If not, the pharmacy made a counting mistake! 😯  Either way, I'm still alive.

richie
    Participant

Hi

Firstly, Dr Brown suggested a maximum of 500 mgs of tetracycline not minocycline –one of the protocols of minocycline calls for 200 mg daily —-that is the maximum dose I have heard of –taking an extra 100 mg really doesnt even constitute an overdose –it really isnt —Suggestion –I take many pills daily to keep everything A1 –I take my

first meds of the day {BP meds and diuretic } straight out of the bottle in the early morning —then the rest of the days meds go into a case which is in my pocket –then its just a matter of habit when each one is taken —I cant take too much nor miss –I just check the pillcase !!!

Richie

Randy
    Participant

Sierra,

Please check out my earlier thread on this topic:

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=2169&forum_id=1&jump_to=18705#p18705

I use a matrix approach so I can keep track of the time I take my meds and supplements.  This helps me with timing before and after meals and it also helps me determine if I'm herxing (that's a little harder to explain – e.g., I shouldn't be feeling these particular pains after just taking such and such meds at such and such time, etc..)

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Kim
    Participant

When I'm too lazy to load up a pill box, I just put the required number of pills on top of each bottle.  With Lyme tx, the abx keep changing so this works for me.

kim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Did I take my minocycline?’ is closed to new replies.