Home Forums General Discussion Detox

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Donna RA
    Participant

I've read so many articles about different detoxing methods.  Please share what you do to detox, and how often? 

Anyone used those foot pads while you sleep?  Are they effective?

Thanks for your input.

Donna RA AP 22 mo

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Don't mention “the footpads”!!!!!!! :crying:

LOL Only kidding. We had a discussion thread going on about using them a few months ago and it caused a bit of a stir. Some people felt they worked great and were worth the investment and others felt they were a crock and a waste of money. It's really got to be a personal choice with this.

My own feeling about them is that I like to keep an open mind about most things – alternative or allopathic – and put a lot of credence into the testimonials of others. When I considered using them myself, I reasoned that the feet are packed with sweat glands and we do some amount of detoxing via sweat. Question is, would the feet be detoxing at night on their own anyway or do these pads act like a kind of poultice, drawing out specific poisons? What I find interesting about the foot pads is that over time the black gunk that appears on them seems to diminish. They're cheap enough to buy, so if you don't mind spending the money, why not give them a go? Can't hurt to try.

Whatever the answer may be, you'll be sure that there will be mixed reviews on this particular topic. 😉

Other tried and tested ways to detox are the lemon/olive oil drink, liver flushing, massage, exercise, sauna, epsom salts/peroxide baths, juicing…..mmm, can't think of others just now, but maybe someone will add things they've tried and had success with.

Let us know what works for you!

Peace, Maz

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

I was watching The Biggest Loser one night, and the woman trainer was talking to one of the men and she said, There are a lot of products out there claiming to detox people, but there is only one true way to detox and that is with water.  Drinking water cleans you out.  Something to think about….

lauram
    Participant

I use a FIR sauna, try to do  vitamin C and Zeolite.

HTH

casey
    Participant

I just have to tell this ..and i dont know much about it.

my mom, who has lupus, RA went to this naturalpath type person and again , i dont know much about this. But , they had her soak her feet in some kind of peroxide/something solution and she said the water turned black quickly. apparently it does this as it pulls toxins from the body. I have never heard of this but maybe someone else has.

she is not on any abx's. But if this is one “true” way  to detoxify, i guess the water turning black suggests something is there.

Casey

Tiff
    Participant

My friend has a machine that does this and thinks it is great.  I read somewhere that all it does is take the natural chemicals on the foot (perspiration, dirt, etc.) and combine it with a mild electrical current and wha-la, it turns black.  I don't know what to think, but I am quite skeptical that toxins could be removed with that method.  Just sounds too good to be true to me.

casey
    Participant

Tiff,

For your very reasoning on your post is why i never looked into this form of detoxing.

It just doesnt seem possible but JMO!

Casey

Donna RA
    Participant

I have tried that method, and for me the water turned orange, then green, and black, with black stuff floating in the water.  It was quite a site.  I was skeptical until I saw it for myself, and now I plan to use it weekly, along with my FIR sauna.  Problem with the sauna is, that my metabolism is impaired, and it takes about 45 minutes before I begin to sweat, and I don't always have that much time.  I use the FIR mostly on the weekends, when I don't have to go to work.

Tiff
    Participant

My friend also said that you can put the “dirt” in a shallow bowl and use a magnet underneath to move the material around.  This convinced her that it was actually metals.  If I had one I would probably try all sorts of experiements with the thing to see if I could tell what was going on.  I'm weird like that.

I figure if you have access to alternative things like this, and it isn't going to bankrupt you or your family to use them, because they are quite expensive, then why not try it.  There is nothing to lose in that case.  If they are soothing, relaxing, and help you feel like you are doing something positive for your health, then that can't hurt!

Donna RA
    Participant

Tiff,

Would you mind asking your friend if she ever tried running the machine on it's own, without putting her feet in, to see what happens. I wonder if the water turns any colors at all?  I don't own the machine, use it at my Doctor's office. Got my curiosity now.

Donna

Tiff
    Participant

I'll try to remember to ask her when I see her next.  I don't know that she will take kindly to my doubts, but that is a good question.  I assume she uses distilled water.  Our city water is so loaded with lyme that it would certainly show up. 

A Friend
    Participant

Ellen wrote:  I was watching The Biggest Loser one night, and the woman trainer was talking to one of the men and she said, There are a lot of products out there claiming to detox people, but there is only one true way to detox and that is with water.  Drinking water cleans you out.  Something to think about….

Ellen,

I've read numerous places that if we have been ill for some time, we can have so many toxins built up in our bodies that if we try to detox on water alone, there are not enough antioxidants to support/protect  the body against the many free radicals which can damage DNA.  Not being an alarmist here, but urging us to learn before we undertake fasting. 

One person I know well did a detox for 3 days, including a few broths, etc. and a fiber, along with water, etc.  She said she had never fasted before, nor had she had floaters in her eyes before.  She also said she felt pretty awful about the second day, but felt amazingly better about the third day.  She said this improved feeling continued for quite a while after that… but the floaters made her aware that she probably needed a  health professional knowledgeable about fasting.  We probably need some guidelines before doing a fast… and especially a water fast. 

Another thing that comes to mind about water fasting is whether or not a person may have heavy metals stored in their tissues.  If they've had heavy metal testing and know this, there are specific guidelines for specific metals, and preparations that are said to “grab” (for want of a better word) different  metals and usher them out of the body. 

AF

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Detox’ is closed to new replies.