Home Forums General Discussion Detox

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Baskettwin
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone else has done a detox regime as requested by their ND?

I am just starting Minocycline and now to fit the two weeks of detox has me overhwhelmed. I called my ND office yesterday to clear up what daily and pulsed means………..now I feel confused again. 😕 I am to take the mino on M-W-F and some of the detox medications/nutritional supplements)9 total) are daily/some pulsed. An example is Vit. C  (2000mg) 3x day. pulsed to mean 2,000 mg 3 x week.

Many thanks for anyone can help my brain fog.:blush:

JBJBJB
    Participant

you may want to visit second post of this link http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1127&forum_id=1  

JB

Baskettwin
    Participant

Thanks JB

I read that one this morning and have it saved to favorites.

A Friend
    Participant

Basketwin,

All of us can identify with your feelings of being a bit overwhelmed, and especially with the brain fog part. 

When I first began a regimen such as you describe, I found the best way for me to make sure everything got done was to make a vertical chart on notebook paper, starting with the time of day I was to take the first meds/supplements, and under this heading, put what was to be taken then.  Continue with the headings and meds/supplements under each heading until all of these you need to take are written down. 

For you, it might help to make a separate list for the pulsed days and the meds/supplements schedule for these day. 

And, perhaps a separate list  for the detox things. 

But, writing it all day in a chart form that works for you, will relieve you of having to keep up with all of this… otherwise, it can be overwhelming to try to remember.  (I even had some graph paper I put my schedule on, and put days of the month across the top and checked them off as I took my meds when I was at my worst, because I sometimes couldn't remember whether I'd taken my Minocin or not.  It wasn't safe for me to even try to balance my checkbook for a while, but this passes fairly soon.)  I  do understand your dilemma. 

I've continued to chart my schedule like this, even years later.  I also do this for my husband's meds (the Berkeley Heart Lab has  a number of supplements along with his doctor's list).  I use two muffin tins (6 per tin) and — following the charts — make up 12 days of meds/supplements for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and put them in little zip-lock snack bags, which are then put in a bit larger zip-lock bag with either Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner written on each these three.  (If we have meds to be taken away from other meds/supplements,  a little snap-top pill box works well.) That way we don't have to open those bottles, and find this a convenience as they're ready for travel, etc. (without bottles).  I hope this explanation is not, in itself, confusing. 

For example, a list schedule might look like this.  After you make a complete list, you can figure out how (or if) you want to package them:

6 a.m – MWF

(list anything you take at this time & the days you take it)

After Breakfast – every day

(list what you take)

Mid Morning

(list what you take)

After Lunch

(list what you take

Mid Afternoon

(list what you take)

After Supper

(list what you take

At Bedtime

(list what you take)

Hang in there.  Improvement is just around the corner, I bet!

AF

Baskettwin
    Participant

A Friend I can't thank you enough for your reply and your suggestions. I found a 13 columns pad I think will be perfect. (my daughter suggested Excel but not ready to learn that program at the moment :headbang:) My daughter did suggest the snack bags :). She really doesn't understand why I just don't DO this and get with the program. DH and DS#2 are off on a hunting trip for a few days so I felt this would be a perfect time to bring this all together being here alone. Well……they left Thurs. am and I just feel like I am in slow motion. Thanks so much for taking all that time typing this out for me. I have the paper out and will work on it later this afternoon after I rest and hope to have a more clear head. I will get the snack bags tomorrow.

Again Thank you, thank you!!!:D

A Friend
    Participant

Baskettwin,

You are so welcome.  It was a small thing to do, but I remember when…..  Also, when one of my now best friends had FM/CFS, she was frustrated just like you said you were.  I shared this method with her.  When she talked with me later, she said that list was taking lots of the stress out of the things she had to learn to do on her new regimen. 

Get well!

AF

Baskettwin
    Participant

AF I have everything written down on the spread sheet for the Mino M-W-F and the detox that is either daily or on a pulsed cycle. I have to cut the 500 mg. L-Methionine in half as I take 250 mg. 3 x a week.(pulse version) Going to call ND first thing in the am to make sure I have the pulse down pat.:headbang: My next hurdle is to get to the grocery store. I need some fruits and veggies, oats, maybe some chicken………oh yea……my DIL just called me back and they are going to Costco and Fred Myers for me :crying: I am so blessed. I am e-mailing them my shopping list 🙂

Thanks for much for all your help. You too JB for leading me and helping me in the right direction.

Hugs

A Friend
    Participant

Baskettwin,

I just now saw your latest post on the new schedule.  Way to go!!!  You're doing great.  There's a lot to that saying that “little things mean a lot.”  That schedule for me also gave me peace of mind long ago that things were under control.  Hope it will for you, too.

AF

Baskettwin
    Participant

Good morning! Yesterday 11-2-08 was the first day of my 2 week detox. I put the supplements and detox med's in snack bags marked with a sharpie pen, B, L, D. (breakfast, lunch, dinner) Marked the top of supplements/detox med's S/T/T/S that are taken pulsed. I marked the daily ones on the bottom of the bottles. Measured out my filtered water for the day in a pitcher. The detox hand out says this is a lot of work but well worth the effort. Well………..I only bagged one day's worth and got to overwhelmed to finish the rest. I take the 100 mg. of minocycline 2 @ day M/W/F. I plan on finishing bagging the next 13 days so I have them all set to go. The hardest part yesterday was to drink all the water. I just couldn't finish up the 64 oz's.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. 🙂

camm
    Participant

Basketwwin- I got a pill holder at Target that has 4 compartments for each day. and each compartment is removable. I take 30 mins on Sunday after my daughter goes to bed and fill it up.  It makes it so much easier and they're really portable. My only challenge is forgetting my probiotics since they're in the frig!

It was about $20 but it's worth it to me. I use snack bags for my powdered stuff – just toss all the AM stuff together into one bag, afternoon stuff together into another one, etc.

Good luck.

-Camm

m.
    Participant

[user=812]camm[/user] wrote:

My only challenge is forgetting my probiotics since they're in the frig!

Funny! I have the same problem! 🙂

Baskettwin
    Participant

True confessions here this morning. I did a day and a half of detox and fell off the wagon. So on my list of to do's today is to get all the supplements and detox med's all bagged and labeled B/L/D for 2 weeks. I have an appt. with my ND on Nov. 25th so I'd better get my act together. I will be back to post when I am all set to go. 😀

Baskettwin
    Participant

testing

Baskettwin
    Participant

:headbang: Thought my post went into thin air.

camm
    Participant

I think we all fall off some wagon or the other on this journey (multiple times).  I fall off the wheat-free wagon every few weeks when I pass the Pepperidge Farms Coconut Cake in the grocery store. Mostly I try to avoid that aisle and it never tastes as good to balance the ick feeling I get when I eat it, but sometimes I still fall off the wagon!  Welcome the wagon jumping (off, on, off, on)……just jump back on the detox wagon and try again. And don't fret over it – we're all doing the best we can every day…..even if some days we're not so good at it!

-Camm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Detox’ is closed to new replies.