Home Forums General Discussion Desperately need to talk to someone who has done long term antibiotic treatment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sainthoodstriving
    Participant

I am diagnosed with chronic mycoplasma pneumonia and yersinia.
    I have been feeling terrible since 2020 fall. I also have srogrens
    I am scared of long term antibiotic use and need some reassurance. THANK YOU. My phone number is xxx and email xxx@gmail.com. I am 21.
    THANKS

RBFV Edit: removed personal phone number and email to protect your privacy. Please feel welcome share this personal contact info via the private messaging system. 

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

There is nothing to be afraid of. The important thing is to make sure that you take enough good quality probiotics every day. I have been on antibiotic therapy since November 2008. There are others who have been on minocycline for over 20 years.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi S;
    I have been on the usual AP since 1999 plus a Lyme protocol that used 6 different antibiotics 3-4 years and doing just fine.As phil says,probiotics are a must and I take 10 to20 billion every other day while taking heavy doses of antibiotics.Today I only need to take 1 doxycycline every 2 or 3 days and just eat a healthy diet.
    Doctors are fast to put most people on immune suppressants but never tell them that most of them are as hard on the gut as antibiotics….. go figure.

Coco
    Participant

I have been on minocycline since 2005. The only thing I have is discolouration of my skin, eyes and a bit on my teeth. There have been posts suggesting taking Niacin could help alleviate the discolouration but I started too late and it hasn’t helped me. Not everyone gets discolouration. Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.