Home Forums General Discussion Dental trauma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

Since I have dry mouth/dry eye problems, I have several cavities each year. :crying:

One big molar in the back had a bad decay. I dragged about going to see the dentist. My jaw's joints were very sore, I took Aleve before I went to the dentist office.

I did not realize my lips were very tight, feeling like a rubber band could not stretch any longer…. my jaws could not open as wide as I would hope for….when the nurse tried to force the mouth open wider, she tore my corners of the lips…. I was in great pain and in tears…..

I thought of you guys whose lips were affected by scleroderma. I felt sooooooo sorry for you if you have to go through the dental trauma like what I did. I cannot imagine how you could survive. I really feel for you.

Sigh, :crying: JB

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

JB,

Yes going to the dentist is such a trauma to an sd mouth but if you find a dentist who can be bit more gentle and understanding it makes the experience alot less traumatic. But going to the dentist is a must . Also JB for me i put on chap stick like burt bees to moisturize my lips and i kinda excercise my mouth by opening and closing i think it helps a little so maybe try that next time before you go.

take care

rebecca

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Dental trauma’ is closed to new replies.