Home Forums General Discussion CYNOMYCIN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Calida
    Participant

Hello All šŸ˜Š

Does anyone know anything about Cynomycin and/or Minomycin? Some are claiming both are equal to brand Minocin and Iā€™m just wondering if this is true.

Kelly

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

I don’t know much about Cynomycin, but I do know that several members of this forum have used Minomycin and like it. Neither one is pelleted (not that that really matters much), and Cynomycin is made in India. Micromycin (from Mexico) is the only pelleted minocyline that is more or less equivalent to pelleted Minocin. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a reliable and trustworthy Mexican online pharmacy.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Calida
    Participant

Thanks so much, Phil. I still communicate with other scleroderma patients, occasionally from Eastern Europe, and try to help them source better quality minocycline. I read that Minomycin was available for shipping from New Zealand but wasnā€™t sure if it was a quality generic.

If micromycin was available to us, I would consider returning to mino use, probably pulsed. I switched to doxy about 2 years ago as I looked like I lost a fist fight with 2 black eyes and bruising on the cheeks and around the mouth from the mino bluing. The doxy doesnā€™t work as well as mino – somewhere between 60-75% effective comparatively in my case – and Iā€™m afraid it may cause problems long term. Iā€™m getting tired of the 9 year roller coaster ride of flares and other nonsense.

I hope all is well with you.

Kelly

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.