Home Forums General Discussion Cutting Edge Supplement for Pain & Inflammation

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

A new product developed by the same company in Netherlands is called PeaPlex /also includes PEA/

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Patty,

Seems they run out of this stuff pretty frequent, last time was about 2 weeks ago, maybe they cannot send too much through Customs at one time. A note in the listing states they will have more stock on Nov 11 and says you can place your order now and will be shipped when it arrives. Seems they raised the price too, from $34.95 to $36.95. So far they are the only company carrying that brand name, though there are 3 other companies that claim they use the same raw material, OptiPea. They are PeaCure, Mirica and Vitalitus, haven’t tried either of these, plus the dose of active ingredients varies between them.

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Linda,

I use the 400mg caps.

Liz

pattyrod
    Participant

Thanks Liz!

I placed my order on Amazon. Thanks also for the information on the other brands.

Patty

Trece
    Participant

I emailed Optipea and they said it was back in stock on Amazon. I checked and it will be back in stock November 11. I ordered some, hopeful to be rid of some of this pain.

I will update my disease/med info.

2006 contracted Lyme disease but not diagnosed until 2011. Antibiotic and herbal treatments until 2016. Systemic scleroderma and SLE diagnosed 9/2016. Sjogren's diagnosed 2015. Raynaud's diagnosed 2012. AP (PAR mino tablets) since 10/2016. Currently up to 100 mg every other day. IV series in Feb, June, Dec. 2017. Monthly IVs since July; changed to every 3 weeks in Dec. Gluten, dairy, grain, sugar free. Very clean diet. Many supplements.

Maz
    Keymaster

I emailed Optipea and they said it was back in stock on Amazon. I checked and it will be back in stock November 11. I ordered some, hopeful to be rid of some of this pain.

I will update my disease/med info.

Hi Trece,

Yes, please do add a sig line and/or intro with your rheumatic disease type and interest in AP as soon as you can. Admin must take a hardline approach to first posts that are flagged as possible spam. Oftentimes, these posts look legit, because it is an answer to a supp question, but lacking any expression of interest in AP, the focus of this forum. Thanks for your understanding and hope to see you on the forum and sharing your AP experiences with us!

pattyrod
    Participant

Liz,

I have a question on taking the PEA supplement. Do you take it on an empty stomach or with meals.

Also, I am curious. What brought you to the Roadback? In my case I have RA and the discussion have helped me tremendously over the years. I was even bit by a tick after being on the Roadback and it educated me on exactly the best way to treat it.

Thanks!
    Patty

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Liz,

I have a question on taking the PEA supplement. Do you take it on an empty stomach or with meals.

Also, I am curious. What brought you to the Roadback? In my case I have RA and the discussion have helped me tremendously over the years. I was even bit by a tick after being on the Roadback and it educated me on exactly the best way to treat it.

Thanks!
    Patty

Personally I take it as per the directions they stated. AT least one hours before or after meals, with at least 10 hours between doses. Normal starting dose is 2 in morning, 1 at night.

I am here since I am treating Sclero and Sjogrens with AP and it has made a huge difference for me. If you read some of my back posts you will find info on this. Liz

pattyrod
    Participant

Thanks Liz!

Patty

rushnik
    Participant

Hi Liz,

Can I ask how long before you noticed an improvement in pain/symptoms on this?

Thanks1

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Hi,

First have to say we are all different and dosage can change things, but from what I recall, definitely noticed changes in the first 2 weeks. I think there are a few others who were supposed to start it, so maybe they will chime in with their results to give you a better idea. Liz

cl10s
    Participant

I bought this supplement for my adult daughter who is diagnosed with lyme arthritis. She is on an anti biotic protocol right now for about 7 months. And texted me this morning that she can’t take the pain anymore. When I received it in the mail I was having some upper back pain and decided to try it for myself. And honestly I found relief within a few days. So I ordered more thinking I would do the 3 bottles. But definitely going going to give them to my daughter and see if ahe can find any relief.

Red Lizzy
    Participant

I bought this supplement for my adult daughter who is diagnosed with lyme arthritis. She is on an anti biotic protocol right now for about 7 months. And texted me this morning that she can’t take the pain anymore. When I received it in the mail I was having some upper back pain and decided to try it for myself. And honestly I found relief within a few days. So I ordered more thinking I would do the 3 bottles. But definitely going going to give them to my daughter and see if ahe can find any relief.

Hi,

Glad you obtained results from this product. I have been recommending it to just about everyone I know that has pain issues, just about everyone has gotten results, a few were lagging, so I recommended they take it will a high fat food such as peanut butter and that seems to make it more bioavailable since it is a fatty acid amide, so just incase you have the same issue use it wil PB. Good luck, Liz

Trece
    Participant

I started the OptiPea on November 14, with 1 capsule @ night and 2 in morning. After 2 weeks with no results, I switched to 2 capsules @ night and 2 in morning. It’s been 6 weeks on that dose and unfortunately I don’t feel any difference in pain. I think my pain is joint/muscle/tendon related. I can no longer take nsaids because of stomach pain and other pain relievers tend to make me dizzy and nauseous. I was really hoping this would offer some pain relief, but it did not work for me.

2006 contracted Lyme disease but not diagnosed until 2011. Antibiotic and herbal treatments until 2016. Systemic scleroderma and SLE diagnosed 9/2016. Sjogren's diagnosed 2015. Raynaud's diagnosed 2012. AP (PAR mino tablets) since 10/2016. Currently up to 100 mg every other day. IV series in Feb, June, Dec. 2017. Monthly IVs since July; changed to every 3 weeks in Dec. Gluten, dairy, grain, sugar free. Very clean diet. Many supplements.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.