Home Forums General Discussion Cutting Edge Supplement for Pain & Inflammation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Red Lizzy
    Participant

I live on the internet due to my business, so I come across the newest supplements on a regular basis, whether they are good or not remains to be seen, but this one in particular is the best I have ever found if pain & inflammation is your problem, it was mine.

First I have to say I was in a auto accident 20+ years ago that caused some nasty disc issues, had surgery that helped for a few years,but eventually I moved on to meds, from tylenol to tramadol to oxycodone, we all know how that goes. Even oxycodone wasn’t doing what it used to and I did not want to keep increasing the dose, so I kept my eye out for something to help. The best of the drugs was Celebrex, but it is only matter of time before the cardiovascular issues get you. The best of the natural stuff was curcumin, boswellia and Devil’s claw. Even these can wreck your gut if taken long enough, so I kept looking.

A few months back I came across something different, a substance that is hardly known here, but well known in Europe called Palmitoylethanolamide, also known as PEA for short. This is a totally natural lipotrophic substance found in nature and produced by our bodies during times of injuries to help heal tissues. Only problem is when an issue becomes chronic, the production of this in the body cannot keep up with the needs, so that is where supplementation comes in. A few companies manufacture it, but really only one in the Netherlands has a pharmaceutical grade product. Basically you go through a loading phase for a month or two then on to a maintenance dose. A big plus for this is that there have been a few hundred clinical trials over the years done on it by reputable scientists, including Nobel Laureates, so it has been validated as safe, side effect free and effective. Works on all kinds of pain,including neuropathy and they even found it is useful in MS, ALS and autoimmune issues.

Considering all this I just had to try it, so I went through the dosing routine and now, as long as I take my maintenance dose, I barely use any meds for pain/neuropathy,sometimes going days without even one pill. I will add some links to some good info. I think this is a great addition to AP. This can help you eliminate prednisone, celebrex and even worse drugs. I hope this can be useful for some here. Both Amazon and eBay have these for sale. If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to ask, I have done a lot or research on this and used it succcessfully, so should be able to give you an accurate response. Best of Luck! Liz

https://palmitoylethanolamide4pain.com/
    https://www.palmitoylethanolamide.com/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3500919/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=palmitoylethanolamide

Linda L
    Participant

Liz, it is interesting. How long have you been taking it and how much?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Liz, it is interesting. How long have you been taking it and how much?

Hi Linda,

Happy to answer any questions you have. First I have to say I was an extreme case, I had been on the heavy meds since 2011, each year came an increase in dosage due to more tolerance for opiods and also opiods create a condition called hyperanalgesia, which means then basically lower your pain theshold so things that normally would not cause you pain end up doing so, they basically make it almost impossible for you to make a clean break!

I started using PEA in April of this year, initially at the recommends 3 caps daily, in a week I noticed a slight benefit but not enough for my needs,so I began to increase, one cap at a time until I was taking 3 in the morning and 3 at night, that made a big difference. This dose is well within the guidelines the manufacturer recommends. After being on it for about a month I began to lower the dose, currently my maintenance is 3 caps, 2+1, which allows me to maintain the benefits. I occassionaly use a tramadol,maybe twice a week, which is significantly less potent than what I was on, and pretty easy to get a script for. I highly doubt you are in my situation.

The recommended dosing to start off is 2+1 for 50 days, then lower to your maintenance, usually 1+1 daily, which seems to work for most people. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself and feel so much better because of it. In a way I believe it may have been one of the reasons I ended up getting sick due to immune supression caused by opiods.

The brand I use is Ergomax Opti-Pea, made in the Netherlands, which is the highest purity brand out there, over 99%. If you decide to try it stay away from other brands, they most likely are Chinese products packaged here and next to worthless and are not much cheaper. If you need more info just let me know. Thank you. Liz

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Liz.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Linda – some information on PEA and links to further info by this Australian compounding pharmacy – who do make it up for patients: National Custom Compounding

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Dawn
    Participant

RedLizzy, I PM’d you regarding this – let me know if you do not receive my message.

Dawn

DawnF

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Lynnie.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Red Lizzy
    Participant

RedLizzy, I PM’d you regarding this – let me know if you do not receive my message.

Dawn

Dawn

Sorry, not always logged in so am not aware of the message. JUst checked and replied to your PM, if you need more info just PM again, I will check from now on, just in case. Liz

vinny
    Participant

PEA is something I had never heard of but is worth an evaluation. I started using it on Oct 30 along with my wife. I started with the American version supplied by Nootropics Depot, but have also ordered the European version from Amazon. I think it is worth trying to keep this thread active so more people will be aware of it. I will report my results as time goes by. As you can see from my byline I am treating the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis successfully with Minocycline. I have no joint discomfort, just a few connective tissue “hot spots.” The only serious issue I have is problems with a restrictive stiff neck. I respond very well to Prednisone and just finished a Prednisone Dose Pac, starting with 60mg the first day and decreasing the dosage by 10mg each day for 6 days. That got my neck mobility back and I will see if the PEA maintains that flexibility. My wife has spinal issues as well as Sarcoidosis. She can’t use NSAID’s and relies on Hydrocodone for pain management.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Vinny,

I think you will be very happy with the results you and your wife obtain from PEA. I brought a bottle to my Pain Management doctor when I first started using it so he would know what I was doing. He remarked that I looked better than he has seen me in a while, probably due to the decrease in inflammation or something. He took down the name so he could look into it and after researching it he purchased some for himself!. I just saw him yesterday and he was raving about how he felt, so that says a lot! I hope to hear your updates, I am sure they will be good also. Getting off the hardcore drugs has really been a relief for my body. Good Luck!

Liz

Spiffy1

Does anyone know if the PEA supplement is still made from egg yolks? 1 am considering this supplement but allergic to eggs.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Red Lizzy
    Participant

Does anyone know if the PEA supplement is still made from egg yolks? 1 am considering this supplement but allergic to eggs.

First only consider the products made in the Netherlands, that are pure PEA only, Opti-Pea. Next email them and ask the source. I have found them very good at responding all my emails within 24 hours. Never consider any bulk powder that lists China, guaranteed contaminated and worthless. All the top brands use the product Opti-Pea made in the Netherlands, not sure if egg based or not (I hope not for your sake, so you can use it)

https://www.optipea.com/

Spiffy1

Thank you!!! Will do!!!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

pattyrod
    Participant

Liz,

I would like to try the Ergomax Opti-Pea. Amazon is out of stock. Do you know where else I can purchase it from (besides The Netherlands)?

Thanks,
    Patty

Linda L
    Participant

Lizzy,
    You are writing about caps. How much is a cap? 200 or 400mg?

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.