Home Forums General Discussion Crohn's Disease and SD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I haven't been on in awhile because I really haven't been feeling that well and it's been a struggle to just get through my daily tasks with the kids and house. I ended up in the hospital overnight for testing a month ago (due to upper and lower GI issues). I was diagnosed with colitis that night.

I saw my GI for a follow up and he scheduled a colonoscopy for me in order to get a better look (lucky him ;). My colonoscopy was on friday and I got a phone call from his office this morning. My colon looked fine but he said that there were ulcers in my small intestines and that I have Crohn's Disease. He wants to start me on Pentacel– like yesterday.

I'm glad I called my pharmacist first because it has aspirin in it and I can't have aspirin. I also can't have steroids which means my only other course of treatment is Methotrextate which I really don't want to do.

I have been off of my Mino for over a month now because I have also been having ridiculously horrible heartburn.

I'm at my wits end. I hate the fact that I'm being such a baby about this. I know that there are many people who are way worse off than I am but I have been struggling with illness for as long as I can remember and I feel like it's always something. I'm so frustrated. Im scared to treat the Crohn's with these horrible drugs, but at the same time I'm scared not to treat the disease because I know the complications that can ensue.

I wonder if there is a connections between the SD and the Crohn's… any info that any of you might have about treatment options would be appreciated. I'm scared to eat, I'm in constant pain and discomfort. Will the Mino help if I start that back up or should I try another Abx? Or is there another drug that will help?

I have been attempting the Simple Carbohydrate Diet (man, did I think that gluten free, soy free, dairy free, beef free was hard!) but I am wondering if I should be on a drug to begin with. the nurse said that we have to get the ulcers healed up as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your time!

vinny
    Participant

A lot of people are having sucess with Low Dose Naltrexone(LDN) to treat Crohn's. Do some research on http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

There is a yahoo discussion board associated with it also.

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Kim
    Participant

Hi momma,

So sorry things are not going well for you.  I haven't personally experienced GI issues with my SD, but I know many people do.  Here is a link that may be helpful with numerous articles on the relationship between SD and the gut.

http://sclero.org/medical/symptoms/gi/bowels.html

Take care…..kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Crohn's Disease and SD’ is closed to new replies.