Home Forums General Discussion Could use some prayers –

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kathy1465
    Participant

Wishing you good health and healing. You are in my prayers Jill.

Kathy

Maz
    Keymaster

Me, too, Jill….although the ideal would not to have to suffer any of this stuff, it really would a wonderful outcome, if it turns out to be a thyroid imbalance that just needs closer management. I hope so! Hang in there! Still rooting for you from CT!

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Jill,

SO glad to hear that your doctor thinks it’s Thyroid related! Still a struggle of course, but WHAT A RELIEF it must have been! I’m really suprised the ER doctor overlooked this VERY important clue (or maybe I shouldn’t be)…. At any rate, I’m very happy that you received decent news! Please keep us posted and lots of luck to you! 😛

cavalier
    Participant

Saw my Thyroid & LLMD doc Dr C. on Friday late aftern. I took him the labs he is not convinced that this bit of the T4 alone as they ER didn’t test TSH or T3 would be enuf to have caused all of this. He did draw a complete Thyroid panel to see how things looked & we will see from there.

He is concerned I might have a food or foods allergies considering my stomach issues. I told him if i fast my stomach is always at it’s best – which to him like me is saying something I am eating. I told him i had gone to just a few items & my stomach has gotten better but if I eat anything that has a small amount of sugar in say salad dressing or something else in the dressing I am in trouble again, which I have been avoiding doing. He felt it was time to do a blood food intolerance testing of over 100 foods that they test the blood against to see if I make antibodies I think to it. He felt it was highly accurate – even though I have read disputing reports today. It was only 149 bucks to get this tested & if it gives me either something to rule in or out it’s worth it.

I am to go off Diflucan been 17 days his concern is the liver. I wish I could remember the name of the lab that’s doing the food intolerance / allergy testing but I cant – I will call them to find out hopefully who it was when they are open. It will be 2 wks to get the results back on this test. The thyroid should be much faster than that. I did the Carcinoid testing too by blood & 24 hr urine collection so now I wait.

Dr C. is the only doc who noticed the rash I have had on my main part of my trunk for the last couple of months that has not gone away. He said this could be for a few reasons which I agree – hard to know which. lt could be I am reacting to something it could be he said my immune is just that down or the last is I am getting toxins or bugs back up to the surface to get rid of.
    He said the carcinoid yes it matches – but he said flushing is hard to pinpoint however the stomach issue he felt it was still good to rule this in or out. He said I have had challenges & he wishes he had more answers but he knows I am still being positive.

Good news is while my heart rate is still high my BP has come down & I am either not taking my BP med as it is already too low or later in the day cutting it in 1/2. I am loosing weight very easily now which I had not been able to do & I have not changed the amt. I eat which was not too much. I believe the inflammation is coming down & the Glutathione & Detoxamin is helping this & possibly eating to avoid yeast & the Diflucan. Time will tell.

The avoidance of dairy also seems to agree with me meaning i was only using grass fed hormone free Cholostrum, lactoferrin & Kefir occas. some plain yogurt but my stomach had a direct violent reaction within a hr or so of when I drank Kefir so I am finding some things that were for me a irritant to my stomach & I am finding thru this that my skin lesions from the SD are softening & loosing their height – so for me certain foods do VERY much seem to matter! Be interesting to see if this test shows some of what i have suspected as also being the culprits or not. Reducing proline, which is in many meats is a direct correlation for me – even if I dont like to avoid it – it seems it just is not good for me. Cholostrum was high in Proline.

Dr C. also told me Iodine & Iodide if too much for my body can lower thyroid function I pulled out 2 supp’s that had this in it that coupled with my new mineral formula could well have been giving me too much!

Food challenges he said I was on the right track & gave some fine tuning to that. He said if we need too depending on the food intolerance/allergy test results – he can send blood to the Enviromental doc he used to work for in SC, Dr L. for Enviro testing!

Jill SD, Lyme Cpn, Babesia & Candida

cavalier
    Participant

OH, I am also going to do a suppelement challenge to be sure there is not something in one of them a filler whatever that could be causing me trouble & slowly adding one by one back in to be sure.

Jill

Healer
    Participant

My prayers and healing light sending your way…………this too shall pass!
    One step at a time, one hope and more for he life you desire to live.

Blessings!

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

We still did the tests though because it will then point to just the Thyroid. I had already made a apptmt 4 wk’s ago to see Dr C. my LLMD who also treats my thyroid as i felt I was low as I wanted him to check this. 3 wk’s ago I had blood work that showed my Thyroid was at the lowest number on the range so I felt how I felt was correct. Now I have this result that shows it dipped even more – what’s odd is I also take Lugol’s & DHEA in addition to Armour thyroid of 60 mg’s & 10 MCG of Cytomel but I knew my dosage of thyroid was a low dose. I had been registering in the lower end of normal before this while on this dosage.

Jill, if I’m reading what you’ve written correctly…if your TSH is below range (hyper), I’m not sure why are you taking DHEA and Armour/cytomel? DHEA can increase the action of thyroid hormone and cause low TSH, as a result, and if treating for hypothyroidism at the same time, both things could be causing a hyperthyroid situation. Just suddenly struck me to mention this in light of the fact that your TSH is below range (on the hyper side). People with Grave’s disease, a form of hyperthyroidism are advised against taking DHEA for this reason (scroll to bottom of following link):

http://forum.a1supplements.com/content.php?153-DHEA-s-Uses-And-Benefits

“Patients with Grave’s disease who have thyrotoxicosis should take DHEA with caution, as it has been shown to increase the action of thyroid hormone. Caution should also be exercised if taking Synthroid (L-thyroxine), or other supplemental thyroid hormones.”

Your doc could well be right that the flushing and palps you’ve been experiencing could well be due to thyrotoxic-like storms…and I wonder if this could have been induced by treating for hypothyroidism and with DHEA? Just offering ideas, but wonder if this could also account for the swift drop in weight?

Your thyroid and adrenal labs have mirrored my own this past year, so I’ve been looking into this myself and it just suddenly struck me as I went back to re-read this thread to mention these things to you in case they may be of help to discuss with your docs.

Am I interpreting what you’ve written correctly?

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Maz I just got back the blood work from the Carcinoid syndrome today – that blood work looks fine, which is good the urine results are not in yet. As to the thyroid & DHEA – the DHEA was felt to be helpful for my Rheumatic disease & the last time we did the test I was on DHEA & Cytomel & the Armour by Dr C. & that blood work looked good but this time it didn’t. As to loosing weight i credit that to being on a candida diet – to avoid candida flare which has righted my stomach finally so I am still on this in order to avoid issues. I am waiting on the allergy food intolerance testing to come back – will mention the DHEA to Dr C. he just told me to stay away from the lugols right now which he had previously told me was good for lyme support but will see what he says.

Thank you!
    Jill

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.