Home Forums General Discussion Could this be a Babesia Herx?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Roz
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Forgive me for my spelling. Some of you know I have started Alinia, it's got to be the roughest med. I have been on yet. I think it helps with Lyme cysts and Babs.

I feel off balance almost like a ruff sea sick feeling.

Very light headed, with a nausea feeling.

I really appreciated your thoughts and wisdom.

Hugs, Roz

Roz
    Participant

I also want to add I feel some confusion with anxiety as well.

x Roz

Maz
    Keymaster

Roz, really sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I think these are common side-effects of Alinia. Now, whether it can be attributed to herxing or not is another matter – some of the symptoms listed at the link below seem oddly herx-like. Gastro-intestinal symptoms are common enough to be listed as drug side-effects, as well:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/alinia-side-effects.html

Feel better soon, Roz!

Peace, Maz

Roz
    Participant

Dear Maz,

Thanks so much for wisdom, you are an angel.

I am doing a bit better, you are right about the side effects and not a herx. I neeed to start reading about side effects to the meds.  I was really sick vomiting after I posted this link.

Thank goodness I have some crackers in the house. I am goiing to drink some cranberry juice as well.

The link you provided also showed insomina being a SX as well. I am having that maybe that is what is causing the confusion?

I've decided I am going to give Alinia a break for a couple days.

You are such a blessing. Much Love, Roz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

I've decided I am going to give Alinia a break for a couple days.

Roz, so glad you're feeling a bit better….I'm just hoping someone who has tried Alinia will chime in for you to give you the lowdown on what they experienced while on it. It's not something I've tried yet, myself, though no doubt I'll be on a round of cyst-busting once I'm done with my Moxatag.

Hang in there, Roz…if it gets bad, call your doc and ask them for insight….please don't suffer in silence. Big hugs!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Sorry it's hitting you so hard, Roz.  Maybe check with your doc about lowering the dose?

Take care…..kim

Roz
    Participant

Hi Maz and Kim,

Yes, you are right I need to chit chat with my LLMD. This is just a thought but maybe I could pulse it. If not mabe change meds.? I did a couple searches on Alinia on Lymenet, it does seem that several people had a rough time on it. But some seemed to have made alot of progress from it.

I also noticed that most were treated by LLMD's on the west coast.

I have thought about posting their but you can get so much chaos with people saying so many different things. I am really thankful that RBF is very level headed.

I am on the child's dose as it is, I must be a real wimp.:)

Thanks so much, Roz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1758]Roz[/user] wrote:

I am on the child's dose as it is, I must be a real wimp.:)

Roz, girl…no way you're a wimp! For starters, these diseases are not for wimps…they are hard and the fact that you're advocating for yourself, while sick, is evidence of your strength. Hang in there and maybe your doc will let you lower your dose, as Kim has suggested. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Peace, Maz

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Roz,

Sorry you're having a tough time with the abx Alinia.  I have not taken that abx, but my personal opinion is that we should not be experiencing such strong reactions or herxes from medications.  There have been two times that I have begun to feel “icky” on antibiotics, and either skipped a dose or two, or lowered the prescribed amount.  Both times I was able to tolerate the medication much better. 

I think we have the same LLMD.  I wouldn't hesitate calling if you are having this kind of reaction.  Hoping you feel better soon….:)

mkay
    Participant

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but my question (maybe Maz knows) is, does herxing also take place in the gut, as in Gastro-intestinal symptoms?  Not on this particular medicine- just with regular mino and herxing?!  Thanks if anyone knows!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Could this be a Babesia Herx?’ is closed to new replies.