Home Forums General Discussion cortisone injection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frhorngal
    Participant

I have some major events coming up that will require me to be on my feet for several hours. (concerts, parades, weddings, graduations, and such.) My ankle swelled up about 2 months ago and absolutely nothing has helped bring it back down. (Naproxen, Indomethacin, baking soda, MSM.) I can stand for about 10 minutes and then the swelling returns forcing me to limp until I can sit. I'm seriously considering getting a cortisone shot to bring the inflammation down. Has anyone had any luck with this as a short term fix? 

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Trudi
    Participant

[user=414]frhorngal[/user] wrote:

I have some major events coming up that will require me to be on my feet for several hours. (concerts, parades, weddings, graduations, and such.) My ankle swelled up about 2 months ago and absolutely nothing has helped bring it back down. (Naproxen, Indomethacin, baking soda, MSM.) I can stand for about 10 minutes and then the swelling returns forcing me to limp until I can sit. I'm seriously considering getting a cortisone shot to bring the inflammation down. Has anyone had any luck with this as a short term fix? 

For my son's wedding I was put on prednisone for a week (at that time, 2005, it was only my ankles bothering me).  It worked wonders!!  However, the rebound when I stopped was just awful. 

Good luck with your decision–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kats
    Participant

I had AMAZING results in a wrist that nothing else would touch.  I do not know much about the dangerous side effects of the cortisone shots, but I understand that there are some.  I suppose you could call it willful ignorance, as I was so desperate for relief I just went for the shots without doing any research.  I had the wrist injected in 4 places and the total amount injected was my “quota” for the next 6 months (according to the doctor).  Knowing so little about the drug, I can't recommend or not-recommend the shots…I can only share my experience with it.  I hope you find relief.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ cortisone injection’ is closed to new replies.