Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Copy of letter from rheumy to my GP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BarbieGirl
    Participant

Hi, I received a copy of this letter last week, from my rheumy appt on 27 Nov.  It states that the patient(me) has found little relief with the mtx and tramadol, and says the pain and stiffness are still very evident.  I feel this may be due to the fact that she works as a childminder with very young children.

She has a purppuric rash on shins which is non blanching.

She is suffering from Raynaud's and Sjogren's (I wasnt told about these)

There is swelling on j oints, ankles, knees, elbows and wrists.

We are awaiting for results regarding the overlap syndrome, and have instructed the patient to continue with 15mg mtx and tramadol and paracetemol.

To be reviewed in 3 – 4 months.

I took the letter to my GP, and asked if that meant that treatment wont work due to my job.  She assured me that if it was going to work it should by now (6 months) and that something should be added, and maybe some pred.  she wouldnt add it herself, and wants me to get an earlier appt, as she feels its unfair to leave me without effective treatment for that time.  If they cant find anything to help I will have to stop working, which I dont want to do.  She did advise me to cut back on hours, I work around (38 hours per week)  I also said that if this is the best its going to be, I want them to tell me, to enable me to organise my life.  At the moment I am in constant pain especially in my feet, and at night in hips and neck and shoulder.  I have been prescribed amtitriptyline 25mg for this, by GP, but seems not to work so well now.

End of rant!! maybe its just me, and I expect too much!:crying:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.