Home Forums General Discussion complaint

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Starr
    Participant

I know spam necessitated a change in the board software but I would like to lodge a complaint about restrictions with the new format.  I can no longer respond to a particular post (eg. that from KAnderson) but can only respond to the original topic or start a new topic.  This might require tedious reading through entire threads by persons who may only be interested in a portion of the content of the thread.

However, I will respond to KAnderson here, rather than through a PM.  I have never personally met lynnie_sydney, but I know from her posts over many years that she is a kind, compassionate soul who offers her experience, knowledge, and encouragement to anyone in need.  She was one of my first contacts years ago and I'm now in remission, thanks to AP.  I'm not familiar with your bulletin board but I'm certain if Lynnie overstepped any boundaries that you need to reexamine your guidelines and motives.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=178]Starr[/user] wrote:

I know spam necessitated a change in the board software but I would like to lodge a complaint about restrictions with the new format.  I can no longer respond to a particular post (eg. that from KAnderson) but can only respond to the original topic or start a new topic.  This might require tedious reading through entire threads by persons who may only be interested in a portion of the content of the thread.

However, I will respond to KAnderson here, rather than through a PM.  I have never personally met lynnie_sydney, but I know from her posts over many years that she is a kind, compassionate soul who offers her experience, knowledge, and encouragement to anyone in need.  She was one of my first contacts years ago and I'm now in remission, thanks to AP.  I'm not familiar with your bulletin board but I'm certain if Lynnie overstepped any boundaries that you need to reexamine your guidelines and motives.

Hi Starr,

Sorry you're not keen with the new format. When it was changed in Feb, it took us all a while to get used to using the new look/functions. It is a lot different from the old board, but it was such old software that, as I understand it, when the decision was being made over which software to use, there was really nothing comparable to the old board from which to choose. Also, this format seems to be pretty standard these days…..the MP uses this software, as well as another AP discussion board of which I'm aware.

On the upside, there are some pretty great redeeming features! On the old board, threads got 'lost' at the bottom of the board as they aged and were eventually archived. With this system, you can wade through old threads by flipping through the “pages”, respond to anything you see, and then it will bring the thread back up to the top of the board. It's also kind of nice having the private message function, as well as a member list so you can find other members in your state….and what I like a lot is that people can choose an avatar or a picture of themselves, their pet, kids, etc and you instantly recognize returning members. There is also a thread set up to post your own personal progress thread, which is yours alone, where you can journal your progress…these are not only great to watch our own progress, but for newcomers who want to see what others are doing on their road back and how it's been working for them.

If I'm interpreting what you're saying right, you don't like that you can't reply to an original post in quite the same way as before?  While this is true in that it was possible to post directly under a message before, with this new system, if you want to ensure that the actual person you're responding to sees your message, you can use the “quote” function when you reply to their post. Then, when the reply box opens, their message appears above where you would type.  Hope that helps a bit, Starr… Have a go if you want…using the quote button on this post of mine to see how it works.

Will leave Lynnie to respond to your other bit, but must admit that I'm a bit confused about what you mean with this, because when I read Lynnie's post, I gathered she was referring to an inflamatory response she received on a totally different website?

If you need any help with any of the new bulletin board functions, please let one of the volunteers know, as we're all here to help with this.

Wishing you well and so wonderful to hear you've done so well on AP! That is so uplifting to hear. Thanks!

Peace, Maz

Admin

I haven't deleted or restricted any responses to or from Kanderson or anyone else recently.  According to the notifying email, kanderson sent a PM to me but strangely when I checked messages it wasn't there. So maybe this software gets a little strange from time to time, like any software I guess. But I didn't make the car, I just hold the steering wheel.

Sorry if the new software doesn't suit. It does have the magnificent property of being gentle on the demands it exacts on the volunteers. Good stuff, in that respect.

admin

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=178]Starr[/user] wrote:

I can no longer respond to a particular post (eg. that from KAnderson) but can only respond to the original topic or start a new topic.  This might require tedious reading through entire threads by persons who may only be interested in a portion of the content…”   

Starr:  One possibility within the function of this new sofware is to do what Maz and I have done in reponding to you, which is to click Quote instead of reply.  That way it is clear who's comment you are responding to.  Infact, our very own Lynnie of who ou speak so highly has agreed to develop a “how this BBoard works section” so we can all be aware of the functions and opportunities with this software.  Like Maz said, there are some really nice features that we have gained, that I for one believe enhance our community's ability to share inforamtion and support each other.  And as Maz said, we had no choice.  Our only other choice was to close the BBoard down completely.  That infact was the suggestion made by one long time Road Back Foundation volunteer, the one that nearly single-handedly create the entire RBF website as we know it. I was not willing to let the BBoard go down as I believe that it has extrodinary value to all of us who participate regularly and those who stop by from time to time.  There really were no other options. 

I hope that you will give it a try long enough to get used to the new format.

Cheryl Ferguson

KAnderson
    Participant

HI, K Anderson here.

Ive already sent a pm to one of your Moderators, John. Ive said who I am and my reasons for being here.

However I also suffer from RA,  I cant do AP therapy myself just now, but maybe if I watch and learn I will come across something that can help me. If we all agreed with each other life would be boring, challenginf gets results…and you say as much yourselves in the posts I have read.

Done some serious reading time here so far.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Karin, the world works in mysterious ways……. my needing to vent has seen you join this Board and I am delighted!!!!!!!!!! There is a wealth of information on this site that can be accessed from the main page, which can sometimes be overlooked when people first join. It is very worth reading – at your leisure.

However I also suffer from RA,  I cant do AP therapy myself just now, but maybe if I watch and learn I will come across something that can help me.

I am wondering the reasons for you not being able to do AP at the moment. Perhaps we can offer some suggestions, if you are willing to share your reasons. Best to you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Starr
    Participant

[user=6]Admin[/user] wrote

Sorry if the new software doesn't suit….

OK, Cheryl, Maz, and especially John….I should have named my post “Teeny Tiny Complaint!”  The new software is a huge improvement in so many ways and I'm very happy that the BB has been able to continue.  I and many others appreciate all your efforts.  Keep up the great work!

Maz
    Keymaster

Starr – thank you for your kind comments and welcome back!!! 😀

KAnderson – just wanted to extend an additional welcome to you and to second Lynnie's reply that if there is anything any of us can do to help you navigate the bulletin board or main website, as well as to better understand the antibiotic protocol, please do let us know.

Peace, Maz

KAnderson
    Participant

Hi Lyn

Im here due to the volume of AP stuff being fed through, although i visted the site many times before I felt now was the time to join.

The drugs used in AP that I see here may have complications with me…..something I need to explore further with my Rheumy. At the moment I am stable, working full time, dealing with young kids and living life to its fullest. However as RA progresses who can tell. hence the watch and learn.

Talk to you soon

K

PS thanks Maz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ complaint’ is closed to new replies.