Home Forums General Discussion Coming back after a break…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    orchid
    Participant

I just wanted to say hello again…

I haven't been around here for awhile as I lost my dad just under 2 months ago and it's been a very difficult time. I'm still numb but like my husband said, my dad would want me to be healthy and focus on my own health now. My dad suffered from RA for over 30 years so it's a very sensitive topic for me.

I'm still having “minor” joint pain – but the MSM is keeping it under control and I'm working on getting my thyroid condition under control, but should probably consider getting blood tested again for inflammatory stuff. I saw a nurse practitioner in my area who recommended a stool test, etc and suggested some vitamin C IV's and a “very mild” liver cleanse based on my symptoms and history.

The IV's would probably be beneficial since my “system” is down right now but she suggested waiting on the liver cleanse until I've completed the prolotherapy on my neck. Still doing that — took a break for a few months. Going for prolo today, actually – YAY.

Anyways — I hope everyone is doing well. Physical/mental health is so very important and I'm on a mission even more so now. I feel the need to bring more attention to autoimmune diseases in honor of my dad's memory.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=515]orchid[/user] wrote:

I haven't been around here for awhile as I lost my dad just under 2 months ago and it's been a very difficult time. I'm still numb but like my husband said, my dad would want me to be healthy and focus on my own health now. My dad suffered from RA for over 30 years so it's a very sensitive topic for me.

My deepest sympathy, Orchid, to you and your family–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kim
    Participant

That is so sad, Orchid, I'm sorry for your loss.

Take care……kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Orchid, deepest condolensces to you and yours for the great loss of your dear Dad. Your hubby must love you very much to say those lovely things to you…and what he says is so true. Your Dad would want you to focus on the gift of life he gave you with your Mom and to make sure you live it as fully and healthily as possible. Life passes in the blink of an eye and it's easy to miss that blink. 😉 It's beautiful that you want to honor him by bringing more awareness to AI diseases, but also by being a glowing example, yourself…bless you.

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Orchid – so very sorry to hear about your Dad. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

orchid
    Participant

Thanks for your warm thoughts…

Glad to have this “forum” to come to from time to time. Helps to read everyone's posts and feel connected to others going through similar things.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Orchid,

So very sorry to hear the loss of your father. I also lost my father during last Christmas, it's been very hard.

JB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Coming back after a break…’ is closed to new replies.