Home Forums General Discussion Collagen Supplement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lizz
    Participant

Hi to all. My sister is always trying to help me with supplements, bless her! Yesterday, she gave me a jar of powdered collagen that you mix with water or milk and drink. I did a search on the board and couldn't find anything on it, but in the back of my head I definitely don't think it's ok for sclero people but not sure about RA people. Does anybody have any info on this? Thanks!

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Dear Lizz,

I am guessing that you are a scleroderma patient? If so, collagen is what our bodies are producing too much of that makes our skin get hard, Early on, I read that is why we should not use skin care products with collagen in them. I would guess that a collagen powder would fall into the same category for those with scleroderma.

I, also, got a lot of well meaning advise about taking mega doses of vitamin c, which I understand also makes collagen form faster.

Now, when someone starts promoting the last thing they heard on the news, I politely explain that I'm special, and this many not apply to me. I have also explained to people why their advise is bad for my disease, people need to hear it.

My sister-in-law and her mother kept pushing veggies on my mom during her chemo for lung cancer when it was wrong for several reasons.

I hope this is helpful. I'm sure others will weigh-in, as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Collagen Supplement’ is closed to new replies.