Home Forums General Discussion cold chills

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mlouise
    Participant

Has anyone ever experienced cold chills that go completely throughout your entire body,  I can feel them start in my toes and go all the way up to my head.  I also have extreme Raynauds at the same time.  The only way I can get rid of the teeth chattering cold is take a hot shower and jump in the hot tub for 15 min, then sit under a heating blanket set on high for a few hours.  At that point I get very hot (my skin).  Eventually i will start to sweat, then I finally begin to feel better.  Is this part of SD? or antibiotic treatment? or just something odd about me?  I have only been diagnosed with SD since Feburary and this experience as occurred several times, but lately it is happening more frequently and more severely.  This last bout my nose and tongue both were numb and purple.  I was shaking so bad with cold I could not get myself in the shower or tub or get myself dressed.  Anyone with similar experiences? 

Randy
    Participant

I am very sorry about the chills and SD.  Yes, the chills have been a big and fairly constant part of SD for me, though they were much worse early on.  Additionally, there is a strong correlation of the chills and your Raynauds, which 95% of us SD folks have.  Interestingly, a friend of mine has primary Raynauds, unlike the secondary Raynauds us SD folks get, and she also talks about her body getting very hot while her extremities are frigid. By the way, here fingers don't get ivory white like mine!  See, there are benefits to having secondary….just joking..

The other connection I have with the chills and SD is peripheral neuropathy. Again, there seems to be a correlation with me..

Hang in there.  With AP, it gets better and you win.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

APbeliever
    Participant

I don't have SD but I have seronegative RA. I used to have cold chills every now and then when RA first started. After taking LDN and AP, it has stopped for now. Initally, whenever I used to talk about cold chills in RA, people used to tell me that I must have Babesia. I talked to my doctors about it and they all agreed that I do not have Babesia. It is not uncommon for RA sufferers to have cold chills.

Steve201
    Participant

one of the problems with it is your blood vessels close up …thus reducing blood flow and loosing body heat…

if your not on something like diltiazem or some other dialator..then you will get cold…usually at the feet first…when i started SD treatment..I was on Diltiazem 250mgs….sometimes I'd get a hot flash and think i was having mental-pause…..other times at my desk I'd be freezing to death..so..the company got me a heater…now I roast everyone out of the cube!!….haha…:shock:

if your constantly freezing..I'd talk to your dock about some sort of dialator drug to help get the blood down to the different parts…another good thing to do is to excersize as much as possible…..keeps the blood flowing to the outer parts..

Steve

Kim
    Participant

mlouise,

Everyone is different so I can only say what has worked for me.  My Raynaud's and Neuropathy were awful……fingers, toes, nose, ears, everything.  I tested high for hypercoagulation (thick, sticky, blood).  Key for me was dissolving fibrosis in my blood vessels with enzymes (Neprinol/Serrakor-NK) and frequent use of my infrared sauna to improve circulation.  I had narrowed blood vessels and pudding-consistency blood, a very dangerous combination making one at high risk for stroke, so you are wise to do all you can to correct this.  My Raynaud's is almost totally gone and I almost never have the chills/tingling anymore.

Take care…..kim

jane
    Participant

you could have described my symptoms exactly…i am at dr.s right now for more ivs…but i do know what such chills feel like -they basically paralyze me i shake so hard and hands turn blue-then i pile on the blankets and wait for the sweats to hit…yucky  and i don't even have sderma   possible lupus etc…  jane

Tonya
    Participant

Yes this happens to me quite frequently. Right now I am sitting here freezing wearing a sweatshirt and socks and hoping I warm up soon. I even set the thermostat on 85 so the air would not kick on again tonight.

I contacted my AP Dr. and he changed my meds from twice a day to once to see if its the antibiotic causing it or the disease itself is progressing.

Hopefully will have some answers soon.

Kim
    Participant

Toyna,

Please work on improving your circulation.  Other than being miserable because you're freezing to death in the summer, it is such a health risk.  I've had great success using an infrared sauna and Neprinol to thin blood and increase circulation, others have had good luck with prescription meds. 

Take care…..kim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ cold chills’ is closed to new replies.