Home Forums General Discussion CO physician for treating chronic intracellular infections

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ott70
    Participant

Hello. First time poster. I've been educating myself on intracellular infections (mycoplasmas, bacteria, viruses) the last few months in the hope of finding a physician in the Colorado area who is knowledgeable of these infections.

My episode begin late February this year. After a battery of tests, PET scan being the last test, I am still without any definitive answers to my condition. The best I have received from the doctors I have seen is high EBV titers. My main symptoms as of late is an enlarged painful spleen (the reason for the PET scan) and cardiac symptoms (arrythmias), but I have a whole slew I could list and they all fall into that CFS/immune dysfunction type of category.

I have mainly been taking natural formulas to combat whatever I have, but I'm not sure it's done enough for me.

I have had some correspondence with Dr. Garth Nicolson, actually I think it's Professor, and he suggested this website as a place to possibly find some physicians who are experienced with intracellular infections.

Sorry for the short message, but I didn't feeling like making my first post long-winded. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance or suggestions.  

davew
    Participant

Welcome ott70!

Sounds like you are on the right track by educating yourself and you have arrived at a good place for that! There is a plethora of info here as well as a ton of hope, help and good vibes.

Dave

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Ott70,

Will send you a private message (PM) with the AP doc list for Colorado. There are 4 choices and you may have to do a bit of phone legwork to ensure these docs will provide the services you're looking for in particular.

To retrieve the PM, just go to the top right of this page where it says, “Logged in as…” and then click on “1 new message waiting…”

Welcome to the RBF support forum! 

Peace, Maz

tibburron
    Participant

Hi-I just tested positive for RBP which suggests  multiple connective tissue disease and would like to find a progressive rheumatologist that would consider an antibiotic approach.  I live in Louisville, CO. I was hoping you might share these 4 Doctors w/ me as well.  Thank you!

tibburron
    Participant

Hi-I emailed Maz to get that list of the 4 Doctors in CO. In case I don't hear back from him I thought I'd ask you as well. Also, did you see any of them and what did you think? Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2018]tibburron[/user] wrote:

Hi-I emailed Maz to get that list of the 4 Doctors in CO. In case I don't hear back from him I thought I'd ask you as well. Also, did you see any of them and what did you think? Thanks!

Hi Tibburron,

I'm a bit confused, as I haven't received your email. Did you send it to maz@roadback.org or in a PM (private message)? Please let me know if I already sent you the list before or if you need it again and I'd be happy to do that.

Peace, Maz

tibburron
    Participant

I was asking for the list by replying to your response to Ott70.  I also replied to his request from you in case you didn't see my request. Who's On First?:) Honestly, this is all new to me (my possible diagnosis of multiple connective tissue disease, this form of treatment and blogging if that is what this is called )- so I'm not sure how it all works.  Anyway, I don't have the list and would appreciate it if you would share it with me.  I realize that this antibiotic approach covers a wide spectrum of disorders so different types of Drs might utilize it in treatment . My PCP referred me to a rheumatologist but I first wanted to see what my options might be for an alternative treatment. Thanks for your patience and your answers. T

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2018]tibburron[/user] wrote:

Anyway, I don't have the list and would appreciate it if you would share it with me.

Hi T,

Just sent you the CO AP Physician List via private message (aka a PM). To retrieve your list, just go to top right of this page and click where it will say, “You have 1 new message.”

All the best in your physician search!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ CO physician for treating chronic intracellular infections’ is closed to new replies.