Home Forums General Discussion clinical and experimental rheumatology online

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

A site that may be of interest to some . It is called ” clinical and experimental rheumatology online.” I cant get into all the info there as some of it requires logging in and i think you need to be …maybe a doctor or rheumy.

i did get into some freestuff and found some info under “contemporary advances” under “annual supplements” on the right. I scrolled down and read some info under” Benefit and risk of methotrexate in RA” and “benefit and risk of combo therapy” amongst others and it sure shows that  these drugs “duh”really dont work! This appears to be one of the rheumie “issues online ( maybe there are magazines too) that the rheumies pass about worldwide.

Perhaps people having trouble finding AP docs or ones that have rheumies not supportive of AP ,should take copies of some of these articles and present them along with some of Dr. Browns work . Not too hard to make the decision on the prescript!

This looks like a worldwide rheumatology site of some kind.

http://www.clinexprheumatol.org/acronyms.asp

Tiff
    Participant

Casey,

When I first figured out what was going on with me, I did lots of reading of medical abstracts about RA.  I figured out very quickly that they had very little good news to report.  The other thing that I found disturbing was how much research was devoted to predicting the course of the disease through testing.  There were some articles that basically suggested that the course of the disease could be figured mathematically based on genetic testing combined with RF and CCP numbers.  Honestly, I did not read them in great detail because they frightened me too much.  I finally had to stop.  I could not help wondering how such reseach was going to help the patient, and if maybe they did not have that in mind at all.  Perhaps helping the insurance companies was really the goal.  I don't think it is a conspiracy or anything.  Just pragmatism.  But that does not make it okay either.

Suzanne
    Participant

Did you see the Rheuma Comics?  Rheumatology at the bottom of the mountain, followed by obstetrics, then cardiology, then neurology at the top (now we know…).  Santa with a flare…or gout????  Those rheums, what a crazy bunch….

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

casey
    Participant

Suzanne,

I scolled through the comics myself . I certainly didnt expect them!

Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ clinical and experimental rheumatology online’ is closed to new replies.