Home Forums General Discussion Chronic Fungal infections and RA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Todula
    Participant

I started getting RA symptoms last summer. I have been officially diagnosed last Nov. with FR 36 and anti ccp 236. For a couple years before I have been dealing with a toe fungal infection and jock itch. Last year I had what I thought was dermatitis along my underwear line. Then it spead all over my upper thighs and went to dermo to find out it is fungus recently. I thought it was detergent or something as the rheumy said contact dermatitis when I showed him. I started lamisil for the toe separately 10 days ago as I had to wait since jan. because of elf's due to voltaren. Since I was having these issues before my RA, could there be a link ? Like the fungus overgrowth causing some sort of reaction if there is overgrowth inside my gut or something? Or is my wacky immune system the culprit for both. Which is causing which? I am a 37 year old male.

Thanks, Todd

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Todd;
          You can bet that fungus(yeast) can cause all kinds of these diseases.It all starts out with yeast that is caused by the typical north American diet and or stress.Problem is you don't know you have it.Then it is likely to cause Celiac disease(http://www.celiac.com ).Then you get leaky gut that alows the yeast and mico food particles to get into the blood stream and your immune system can't fight it off.This alows the micoplasma that are all around us to enter the blood stream and you come down with whichever disease you are genetically predisposed to.
         One can't get really well until one has addressed the causes of the disease.Once you have leaky gut you begin to have mal absorbtion of nutriens and the minerals that one needs are totally haywire.I went from low iron in my bllod to near hemachromatosis in 2 years.Other minerals are leached from the bones and you get osteoporosis.To top that off the celiac will cause diverticulosis in the intestine so it is a good idea to have a colonoscopy every other year.Check out  http://www.enterolab.com to order a test for this.This is the best test next to a biopsy and you don't even have to pay to see a doctorYou send in a fecal sample and the lab e-mails the results in a few weeks.This will give you a good idea where to start fixing a long list of problems. Google “systemic yeast” and you will find loads of info
         My SD  started about 15 years previously with nail fungus and progressed until it was systemic.My first symptom prior to getting SD was a badly coated tongue.Hope this helps.  Lynne

It is a major problem worldwide. Candida and the lack of systemics when abx are prescribed being the cause.  You will need to stay on the treatment for a long time to get rid of it.  Please let me know how you get on with the Lamisil.  I am struggling to find a decent systemic for a friend of mine who has Scleroderma.  I will suggest this one to her.

I was very interested to read Lynn's letter about her scleroderma and the fungus May be if you would not mind lynn could you also let me know how you controlled it so I can let her know.  Her computer is down and has been for ages.  She lives in the country where it is difficult to get things done.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Chronic Fungal infections and RA.’ is closed to new replies.