Home Forums General Discussion Christmas boutique gifts

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Tainabell – the thing that stops most of us getting around to meditation is that we have all been brought up in a “doing” culture. And scheduling time to essentially “do nothing” is pretty alien to us and can seem like a waste of time. When I first started meditating, it was in a healing group, supporting a friend with cancer (it wasnt for “me” at all!) But, my oh my, the difference in me after 6 months was not only noticeable to me, it was very noticeable to others.

It occurred to me whilst writing this that there are synergies between meditation and AP: Sometimes at the beginning we can feel worse (going inside can make us feel the anxiety or tension that we've never realised we were holding in our body); it can induce impatience because we go into it with expectations that something will “happen” and nothing seems to; changes are often so subtle over time that we dont notice them. Until one day, we realise that we just simply feel different. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Tainabell – the thing that stops most of us getting around to meditation is that we have all been brought up in a “doing” culture. And scheduling time to essentially “do nothing” is pretty alien to us and can seem like a waste of time. When I first started meditating, it was in a healing group, supporting a friend with cancer (it wasnt for “me” at all!) But, my oh my, the difference in me after 6 months was not only noticeable to me, it was very noticeable to others.

You're a wise woman, Lynnie.  One of the hardest concepts for me to wrap my brain around during this illness, is that I've had to become totally self-involved, and that is sooooo not me.  I still struggle with that and feel guilty–hey, I'm from the south and that's just what we do! :roll-laugh:

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I have a very hard time meditating because I am such a type A lol my psychologist encourages “busy” med in which you do something you like such as cooking or making jewelry (which is kid of hard for me anymorebecause my hands don't seem to mve as well or quickly as they used to)  but the whole idea is to do something kind of mindless that you enjoy with calm music in thebackground I find it very relaxing (not that I have had time for it in awhile :headbang: but I will have to work up to full blown meditation.

tainabell
    Participant

Its so true about the meditation!  I feel like when I do get that quiet time, that meditation time, my mind starts going nuts!  But when I get to the end of the tape, I always feel a little bit better.   Who knows what would happen if I did it for 6 months?

You've inspired me to give it another try!  :roll-laugh:

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Actually, it's only when you sit quietly that you become aware of the mind chatter (what buddhists call the monkey mind) that goes on all the time. It's what most people find uncomfortable about it. A great way to start is simply to “notice” our inability to sit still and all the thoughts we get distracted by. My teacher says to just let them float past like watching buses or clouds going through the sky………. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

My psychologist told me the same thing about letting the thoughts foat by, it is so hard!!! I think with practice perhaps it will be easier…

Mumof3
    Participant

I saw a neat thing at the mall the other day. It is a pad with aromatherapy in it. You can either use it hot or cold by putting it in the freezer or microwave. The man at the mall put it on my shoulders when it was warm. It smelled great and felt so nice on my shoulders. I put a bug in the kids' ears to tell my husband to get it for me for Christmas.

I would also like an infrared sauna. I told my husband as a joke and thought he would laugh at me. But he surprised me. He said he thought it was a great idea for our basement. He then told me that he had been looking at them on the Costco web-site. But I know I definitely won't be getting it for Christmas. I better start saving my money before he changes his mind!

Kim
    Participant

Uggs, (or Crocs with fur for Dave).:roll-laugh:

p.s. Dave, I love my Crocs too, but only wear them around the house because I feel like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse shoes.

davew
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Uggs, (or Crocs with fur for Dave).:roll-laugh:

p.s. Dave, I love my Crocs too, but only wear them around the house because I feel like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse shoes.

We are on the same wavelength there Kim! My two daughters have Uggs and love them, but I can easily see why they are named “Uggs”…:dude:

linda
    Participant

My son won't go out in public with me if I'm wearing my crocs, so I guess I'll have to find a new way of embarrassing him! They are sooo comfy, tho!

Back a page on this thread someone mentioned a shawl sized blanket filled with rice and flaxseed that can be heated in the microwave. These are fairly easy to make even if you can only hand sew. I used to have one shaped like a snake and filled with dry barley. I would heat it up and put it on the small of my back. I think you can use any type of dry grain and make it any size you want, altho shawl sized sounds wonderful. The benefit is not only from the heat but you also get kind of a massage effect from the grains, esp if you use a durable but fairly thin type of material so that you can feel the grains. I had completely forgotten about that little heating pad, I think I'll make myself a new one.

Patti D
    Participant

Dave & Kim
    I have both crocs & uggs!! Quit the fashion plate. I wanted those little bug pins to adore my crocs. Yikes.
    Patti

davew
    Participant

Then you must have “happy feet” Patti! 😎

Dave

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

One for the Aussies here. Ugg Boots were an Aussie/New Zealand invention and lined with Australian or NZ Lambs Wool.

The Ugg Boot or just Uggs is a generic term for a style of sheepskin boot which has been produced in Australia and New Zealand for almost 200 years. Originally they, were called ?Ug or Ugh Boots? which is short for ?Ugly?.

So, you were right davew, about the name. And I wont go into the trademark issues that have arisen in recent years (tis the season of goodwill!) However, many of the uggs now sold in the U.S. are made in…….you guessed it……..China! Believe the 'Koolaburra' brand is still Aussie made though. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Kim
    Participant

The things I learn on this board! 😕

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

…..and I believe Pamela Anderson buying a pair while she was here and wearing with a bikini gave them an extra sales boost. Personally I am surprised anyone was looking down at her boots! 😉 Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘ Christmas boutique gifts’ is closed to new replies.