Home Forums General Discussion Chills,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

I've been having trouble feeling warm even though it's 97 F outside, my body is icy cold:sick:. Occassionally I have the chills for five minutes and it would go away. I have Raynauds. I use Sauna a lot whenever this happens, but it does not help much. I also have a lot of out of no where sweats:angry:. Is this cold body a part of Lyme disease?

Perhaps it is due to thyroid problem? I suspect my adrenal gland is no good. What kind of doctor should I go and get it checked? I went to see an hematologist and she told me to see her in six weeks for this cold body problem. Is hematologist right doctor for hormone problems?

Thank you! JB 

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Is this cold body a part of Lyme disease?

Both my father and my husband's cousin had this symptom and it turned out to be diverticulitis.  It's supposed to be a classic symptom.

Of course, having Lyme, you may be running a temperature; I know when my temperature was on its way up, I couldn't keep warm no matter how many blankets I had on me.  For a period of time, that was nightly :(.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi JB. An endocrinologist is the right doctor to deal with issues of the endocrine system, including glands and hormones. My oldest had to see a pediatric endocrinologist for years, as she had pituitary gland (and growth issues) until she turned about 12.

They deal with thyroid diseases. Hope you get the help you need.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

JBJBJB
    Participant

Hi Bonnie, Trudi,

Thanks for the information. They are all very helpful.

I just found out I am running very high fever, almost 104. I had chills from time to time when I am on this shot. It's been 10 days. I called Dr. C's office just now, they told me to stop the shots until I feel better. It could be I am having cold or I am allergic to the Cefotaxime shots.

My chills are gone. Now my body is on fire. :angry:

Back to bed,

JB

Kim
    Participant

Oh, JB, you poor girl. :crying:  Sounds like you're stirred up some angry ketes! :doh:

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care…..kim

Parisa
    Participant

JB,

I hope you are doing better tomorrrow.  If not, get your lungs checked to make sure you don't have pneumonia.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Thanks, Kim and Parisa.

I am feeling a little better. Hopefully the fever won't pick up tonight. I happened to read Maz's post about the warning of using sauna while having fever. I was about to do another round of sauna today. I guess I should stop it until I get better. JB 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wow JB – sure seems you have stirred some things up. Take good care of yourself and hope you feel better soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Chills,’ is closed to new replies.