Home Forums General Discussion chelation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marypart
    Participant

My son has some kind of Reactive Arthritis.  He's 19.  I have four siblings with serious ReA and/or Crohn's.

My son's doctor has him on a zillion vitamins, three antibiotics, arthrotec and nystatin.  She's treating possible infections that came out in his testing:  Legionella, Strep, Chlamydia Pneumonae, yeast overgrowth from too many acne meds,  and now he is positive for Lyme on the IGynex  Western Blot.

He's had about 5 infusions for detox and now is scheduled for chelation on Thursday.

I'm on board on the antibiotics…and the herbal detox, and the oral vitamins and probiotics.  His ANA has come way down from 1/1280 to 1/320 in about 4 weeks.

BUT I'm really skittish about the chelation.

Any experiences where chelation really helped?

Thanks.

Mary

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Mary,

I've spent some time looking into chelation as my husband tested high for heavy metals.  He is seeing a biological dentist but we and the dentist have decided that while he does  need to have his amalgams removed we will do them a little at a time.  My indecision/inaction on the chelation part seems to have done my husband no harm as he has improved despite the heavy metals.  All of this is so complex.  I'm sure someone else will chime in that they weren't able to improve until they got the heavy metals under control.  I hope your doctor really, really knows what she is doing as mobilizing the metals can make you very sick.  For me, I would look at a protocol that slowly gets at the metals with perhaps sauna and herbal tinctures to bind the metals rather than a really aggressive protocol. 

marypart
    Participant

I'm just not sure what she's going after or what she thinks it will do. I think it has something to do with breaking down biofilms and going after infection. I have an appt tomorrow, so I'm going to ask.

mschmidt
    Participant

I have 7 silver fillings, and have consulted with my llmd and a dentist about getting them taken out, as well as doing chelation therapy.  My biggest concern (as well as theirs) is the condition of my immune system at the moment.  Although my inclination is to rip out all of the fillings from my mouth, I don't think it's prudent to do that until my immune system is stronger.  So, I've done one round of an immune system building herbal protocol, and am about to do a parasite cleanse, followed by a candida cleanse.  I'm having one filling removed in June, and based on how I react to that, I'll determine whether I have another one removed by the fall.  I think that doing this slowly is the best way to avoid crashing my immune system, based on everything that I've read.  My dentist said that the vapors from removing the mercury fillings is far more toxic than putting them in, and he wants to make sure we do it slowly.  Even though I feel great, my CD-57 score was quite low, indicating that my immune system is still pretty compromised.  I'm going to make sure that I follow a detox protocol when I do get the fillings removed, as well as do the sauna to help my body get rid of the heavy metals.  I won't even think about chelation therapy until all of my fillings are out, and I've detoxed my body enough to be able to handle it.

Maria

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2151]marypart[/user] wrote:

He's had about 5 infusions for detox and now is scheduled for chelation on Thursday.

Hi Mary,

Infusions of what? And what is her rationale for the chelation?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ chelation’ is closed to new replies.