Home Forums General Discussion Celadrin?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eggs
    Participant

I heard of this supplement/cream called celadrin and was wondering if anyone tried it. its supposed to be a safe alternative to nsaid pain relievers. anyways if you have any experience please let me know.

hugs.

linda
    Participant

I had not heard anything about Celadrin but I checked out their website. It sounds like glorified glucosamine, and I noticed that there were no rheumies on their scientific advisory board. It works by improving the layer of lipids that make up the cell membrane, which supposedly prevents components that signal inflammation from getting inside the cell. It doesn't mention anything about blocking the receptors for things like TNF that cause inflammation. Glucosamine can be effective esp for joint mobility in osteoarthritis, but I had a doctor tell me once that you get the same effect from eating gelatin every day, without the expense. I also steer clear of supplements that use the word proprietary, it's a red flag for me.

This is just my opinion, tho, since I don't know much about this supplement- and keep in mind I'm not big on supplements to begin with. I've tried just about everything in my 20+ yrs with PsA, and I still haven't found anything that works as well as those testimonials say they work. Unfortunately, people with chronic pain are big targets for companies that are really only selling snake oil. I'm not saying that this is the case with Celadrin, only that you should go forward with caution; which you're obviously already doing by asking for input here at the bboard.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Celadrin?’ is closed to new replies.