Home Forums General Discussion Canola oil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

I found this site has a good collection of readings on Canola oil.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/canola.htm

JB

Jennhere
    Participant

I use coconut oil.  It's great in stir-fry-  broccoli tastes great with coconut oil.  Chicken and fish do, as well. 

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hmmmmm  Coconut Oil.  Really good for you and really good!  Will help you lose fat too.  Research it.  Great stuff!!  Anti-bacterial too.

I use olive oil for non-cooking like over salads, in recipes.  Should not cook with olive oil.  Use extra virgin to avoid the hazards of processing.  Good for the heart and joints.

Jennhere
    Participant

Coconut oil is good, but I don't like it in my mashed potatoes or on my popcorn.  I use Avocado oil in my mashed potatoes and nothing on popcorn.  Just wanted to add that since I had to throw out food I was experimenting with when I first began using coconut oil.  My kids like coconut oil on toast- I think it's disgusting.  Also, I can't stand the smell of eggs and coconut oil.  I banned my kids from making eggs with coconut oil on the pan.  The smell makes me ill.  Other than that… I use coconut oil in all my other foods requiring oil.  It's especially good in baking.  Pancakes, waffles, cakes, even chocolate chip cookies (gluten free, of course) I use coconut oil in all of those.

superperroRA
    Participant

mmm, coconut ice cream

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Canola oil’ is closed to new replies.