Home Forums General Discussion Candida Tests

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rhonda
    Participant

I was just at the doctors today and asked him to check me for yeast. What is the best way to check for yeast in your body….my doctor said that bloodwork isn't very effective that I should have a PAP done.  Just wondering how everybody else found that they had a yeast problem.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, Rhonda:

It is easier and cheaper just to treat candidiasis than try and do an accurate assay.  If you had very little C. albicans that fact does not tell you how YOUR body reacts to it.

Here is the 'spittle test:'  Distilled water in a clear glass at room temperature, waiting.  First thing in morning, spit onto surface, and place in a cool (not cold) dark place.  check every couple of hours for the full day.  If 'threads' or 'tendrils' begin to extend down from the spittle on the surface, you probably have yeast overgrowth.

Some people have suggested that this test is not valid, but others actually monitor their treatments using this as feedback.  I don't produce threads to any notable extent, but since I use an AP (for AS which is often triggered by candidiasis), it is a concern.

Good luck,
    John

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rhonda,

In addition to John's comments…..if memory serves, I've read of other BB users sending a stool sample to:

https://www.enterolab.com/Home.htm

This sort of test would test for candida in the gut and may give a truer picture of what is going on in the gut systemically than pap test.  Perhaps others who have had this done will be better equipped to comment on the efficacy of this particular lab's candida test.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Candida Tests’ is closed to new replies.